Recurly is a leading enterprise subscription billing platform that serves companies of all sizes, including some of the largest Fortune 500 organizations in the world. We are seeking a technical hands-on Security Engineer to join our team.
As a Security Engineer on the Information Security team, you will lead Recurly’s information security program and roadmap. You will work to bring in the latest security technologies and processes into the company as well as working with other teams across the organization to help them meet the security standards the company has set.
The ideal candidate will have a solid computer engineering background and have progressed to be a security authority. The ability to keep up to date on all new security challenges and work with our teams to develop protection mechanisms is key. The Security Engineer will identify common software security anti-patterns and design appropriate solutions. This role will wear multiple hats, including product manager, solution engineer, and solution facilitator.
- Build security solutions that protect our cloud and container environments
- Work with peers to come up with solutions that automate security end-to-end
- Complete security reviews of new features, products, services, and vendors
- Review security posture and roadmap, make suggestions and bring new ideas to the table
- Specify security requirements for maintaining confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Recurly’s systems
- Minimum 4+ years work experience integrating, designing, and implementing a broad range of security capabilities across an environment of complex heterogeneous systems.
- Network Security
- Container Security
- Web Application Firewall
- Security Incident and Event Management
- Identity and Access Management
- Endpoint Device Security
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience working in a DevOps environment
- Automation/orchestration tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt
- Cloud provider and cloud security such as AWS or GCP
- Linux and Linux security (Ubuntu, CentOS, etc.)
- Programming languages such as Java, Python, Ruby, Go
Recurly, Inc. provides a versatile subscription management platform to manage the entire subscription lifecycle for market-leading brands worldwide. Subscription businesses such as Sling TV, BarkBox, Asana, FabFitFun, Cinemark and Fubo.tv depend on Recurly to harness the power of the subscription model and drive recurring revenue growth. Since its launch in 2009, Recurly has deployed subscription billing for thousands of companies across 42 countries.
Offices located in San Francisco, California, Boulder, Colorado, and New Orleans, Louisiana
Read Full Job Description