Security Architect Senior at Ball Aerospace
Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI CI Polygraph security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Security and Mission Assurance Strategic Support Unit provides discriminating support to the business to ensure success. We focus on threat identification, risk assessment, and mitigation while improving the efficiency of the business through effective governance and analysis of process, data and overall business knowledge.
Security Architect Senior
Design, build, develop, configure, test, maintain, integrate and enhance physical and technical security system architecture focusing on intrusion detection, notification of suspicious activity and denial of intrusions. Provide risk management, technical security standards, data governance and regulatory compliance across the organization to Ball Management.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead or participate in the physical and technical security design for all building locations and ICD 705 compliant areas.
- Help maintain and administer physical security software. This includes updates, patches, programming, and troubleshooting system issues.
- Update or create security system designs using drafting software.
- Write request for proposals and scope of works for security vendors and contractors.
- Review and approve vendor proposals.
- Communicate with customers and leadership on security requirements.
- Develop physical security procedures, maintenance schedules, system training guides, and testing protocols.
- Create and update a Security Risk Analysis.
- Coordinate between ITS, facilities project managers, and vendors to effectively maintain and expanded the security systems.
- Troubleshoot and maintain, cameras, electronic door hardware, access control and intrusion detection hardware.
- Design and implement security elements for IDC 705 areas and protective distribution systems.
- Maintain and administer enterprise Video Management Systems.
- Maintain and administer access control software.
- Provide innovative and creative designs to reduce security risks.
- Write SQL queries for troubleshooting and reporting of security systems.
- Provide requirements to ITS for server and network design to include redundancy and high reliability of the security systems.
- Update, patch, and maintain an air gapped VM Ware, Microsoft Server, and SQL Server infrastructure.
- Update and maintain, cellular back up networks for intrusion detection systems.
- Lead and manage projects to ensure security systems are installed, tested and operational within the budget and schedule.
- Research emerging security technologies and requirements.
- Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications, software/systems, programs, schematics and operation/product manuals.
- Prepare cost estimates, identify and resolve integration issues.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Preferred degrees include Electronics, Engineering, Information Technology.
- Desired Qualifications:
- ICD 705 and UL 2050 physical and technical security design
- Project management and scheduling software
- Auto CAD, Draft sight, Bluebird
- RFP and security procedure writing experience
- Security Risk Analysis
- Physical security intrusion detection systems
- Electrical and mechanical knowledge
- Physical security access control systems
- Locksmithing and electronic door hardware
- High security locking hardware
- Video Management Systems
- IP cameras
- Virtual turnstiles
- PDS intrusion Systems
- Physical Protection systems
- SQL Server administration and support, basic SQL queries
- Installation, updates and or administration of IT systems
- Firewall administration, IPSEC, VPN
- Wireless and telecommunications networks
- Certifications and Trainings
- Lenel Onguard
- Network integrity systems
- CompTIA Security+, Network+
- ICD 705 technical training
- ASIS PSP
- Milestone VMS
- Axis, Sony and Wisenet Cameras
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $105,500 - $145,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Click here to learn more.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.