Security Architect - Database at Arrow Electronics, Inc.
Arrow Electronics is currently seeking an experienced Database Security Architect to support our global headquarters in Centennial, CO. The Database Security Architect will be responsible for the following activities and functions:
- Lead the Cloud and On-premises database security domain of Information Security.
- Develop and maintain database security architecture processes enabling the enterprise to develop and implement security solutions and capabilities that are clearly aligned with business, technology and the risk posed by an evolving threat landscape.
- Draft security standards, procedures, diagrams and guidelines to be reviewed and approved by executive management and/or formally authorized by Arrow’s CSO.
- Recommend database security configurations and initiatives to address the identified risk areas associated with the data assets that are also based on security best practices, industry standards and/or remediation guidance discerned from assessments.
- Evaluate the current state of data protection capabilities, inclusive of discovery, classification, and protection policy formulation.
- Conduct security assessments as part of the overall risk management practice of the organization.
- Develop strategies for securing Arrow’s Restricted Data during database refreshes and data promotion activities by using database specific security tools (masking, redaction, encryption).
- Provide guidance for the management and implementation of database models, data flow diagrams, database schemas, database scripts, to support a robust data management infrastructure.
- Assist the database management teams with Implementing data masking, anonymizing PII and confidential data.
- Align database security controls against compliance and regulation requirements.
- To ensure security-related matters are adequately conveyed, strong communications skill (written and oral to all levels in the organization) along with strategic planning and project management skills are necessary.
- Is recognized as an expert within the organization, both within and beyond own function.
- Anticipates internal and/or external business technical challenges and/or regulatory issues; recommends process, product or service improvements.
- Solves unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business.
- Can provide guidance and communicate well with highly technical teams.
- Contributes to the development of a functional enterprise database security strategy.
- Self motivated to operates with little supervision in a complex environment.
Experience / Education
- Must possess direct, documented and verifiable experience with some or all the following Databases: Oracle (11gR2 – 12.1c – version variances are acceptable), MS SQL, Mongo DB, AWS S3, Azure SQL PaaS
- Be familiar with big data/cloud-based databases technologies.
- Experience with implementation of tokenization as a solution for meeting PCI-DSS compliance standards is desirable.
- Experience with Oracle Security Tools such as “Advanced Security” are a plus.
- Must possess a working knowledge of SQL Language.
- Required Bachelor's or master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Cybersecurity or a related field or equivalent and relevant experience (10 to 12 years).
- Certifications such as CISSP, CISM, or similar are a plus.
- Less than 25% travel required.
What’s In It For You:
At Arrow, we recognize that financial rewards and great benefits are important aspects of an ideal job. That’s why we offer competitive financial compensation, including various compensation plans, and a solid benefits package.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Competitive Paid Time Off / Holidays / Sick time
- Parental Leave (Maternity / Paternity options)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Discounted RTD Passes, with convenient office location off RTD Light Rail
- On-site Café with Catering Option for Busy Lifestyles
- 24/7/365 On-site Gym and Lockers, Free for Use to All Employees!
- Bike Racks
- And more!
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)