Search Relevance Engineer at DHI Group, Inc.
Who are we?
We’re Dice, eFinancialCareers and ClearanceJobs, services of DHI Group, Inc. — where we're connecting futures now. We help connect professionals with the careers they want and companies with the talent they need, and we achieve this by providing online access to relevant and meaningful jobs, candidates, and insights within each of the communities we serve. And we're looking for talent like you to join us in our mission.
Why join us?
We provide opportunities for you to contribute to our success, within a collaborative team where your opinion matters!
We challenge you to do exciting work while helping you grow your career!
We offer competitive pay, benefits and programs for you and your family to live healthy and secure!
We host social events for you to connect with others across our company and markets!
We serve the communities where we're located, and the causes important to you!
What's your opportunity with us?
Search Relevance Engineer
We are looking for a Search Relevance Engineer to join our Candidate Search team. This team is responsible for implementing and maintaining the core candidate search and related user interfaces utilized by all DHI Group brands. We are driven to find creative and innovative solutions to difficult engineering problems that deliver value to our business and best-in-class experiences for our users. We work in a hybrid stack including C# and Python with heavy use of Elasticsearch. We are believers in using the right tool for the job and are always open to alternative technologies where it makes sense. We have embraced AWS fully and embrace a server-less first architecture that leverages many AWS managed services, so experience building cloud-ready services is a needed
- Develop our understanding of a user’s search journey as a conversation
- Analyze and model the complex search interactions our users have within all DHi brands
- Perform relevance tuning operations generally and specifically:
- Develop search relevance tests and conduct user search query analysis
- Perform signal modeling to optimize ranking function
- Perform query matching analysis to debug issues with query parsing or matching strategies
- Work with Product Development to understand and solve business issues
- Help set the engineering direction of the product
- Participate in application design, development, automated testing, performance analysis, and deployment
- Participate in code reviews to create more efficient, reusable and testable code
- Communicate project status to team members, participate in standup, planning and other agile ceremonies
if you're interested, and qualified in the following areas, you're who we're looking for:
Required Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Understanding of search architectures, information retrieval concepts and learning to rank concepts
- Understanding of machine learning algorithms and distributed systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective time management skills.
- Demonstrable open-source work and contributions preferred
- You take pride in being a true software craftsman and have a passion for technology
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Five or more years’ experience with analyzing, designing, coding, building, testing, and deploying application systems in a business environment
- Experience developing within an Agile environment
- One or more of the following:
- Experience with search technologies including SOLR, ElastiSearch and Lucene including setup, configuration and relevance tuning
- Experience optimizing search ranking and relevance functions
- Background developing and releasing machine learning algorithms or systems for NLP, classification, regression or clustering applications
- Experience with big data/machine learning tools and frameworks such as Python, Tensorflow, Keras, Spark, Hadoop or MapReduce
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
- Experience with AWS (DynamoDB, Lambda, API Gateway) preferred
- Experience with infrastructure tools such as Docker, CloudFormation preferred
- Experience with CI/CD tools (CodeBuild, Automated Testing, etc) preferred
How can we connect?
Click here to provide your resume or curriculum vitae and answer a few questions—it'll only take you a few minutes!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.