Robotics Software Engineer at AMP Robotics
AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence and robotics for the recycling industry. Every day, we’re working to reimagine and actively modernize the world’s recycling infrastructure. Headquartered and manufacturing operations in Louisville, Colorado, we build and deploy cutting-edge technology solutions that solve many of the central challenges of recycling to make it more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable.
We’re fostering an environment where talented, driven individuals can grow and create impact. We are looking for unconventional thinkers to join our mission; at AMP, your contributions have meaning and can spur change. With backing from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital and recognition including Fortune’s Impact 20, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and Forbes’ most promising artificial intelligence companies in America, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is hiring a Robotics Software Engineer reporting to the Robot Software Manager to focus on building AMP's technologies. As a member of the Robot Software Team, this position will support active development of AMP's core robotic software that drives 100+ active systems around the world.
As our Robotics Software Engineer, you will work to:
- Develop new features and capabilities.
- Interface with and integrate new hardware.
- Build reliable systems by participating in: design reviews, code reviews, CI/CD, hardware testing, and new product introductions.
- Help build an effective software team thru: shaping best-practices, mentor/mentee relationships with peers, and advocating for positive change.
- Reshape the fundamental economics of recycling by increasing the effectiveness of robotic sorting systems.
- Create the core technology which power's all of AMP's products.
The successful candidate will have:
- Ability to create high quality, high performance software.
- 2+ years experience working on a software development team.
- Strong track record of shipping production software.
- Startup ready mentality.
- Passion for recycling, robotics, and changing the world.
- Framework Experience:
- ROS, OpenCV, Boost
- Language Familiarity:
- C++, Python, Typescript / Angular
- Specialized Skills:
- Testing with Hardware in the Loop and Simulation
- Embedded Computer Vision
- Data Analysis, Statistical Modeling, Probabilistics
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.
- AMP's Louisville CO Headquarters.
- Full-remote opportunities are available for exceptional candidates, however regular travel may be required to interface with hardware necessary for this role.
- Up to 20% travel time for in field experimentation and new product introduction.
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement:
AMP Robotics is an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at the Company will be based on job openings, merit, qualifications, and abilities as required by the position. The Company does not discriminate, and does not permit its employees to discriminate against other employees, applicants, customers, or independent contractors because of:
- Sexual orientation (including gender identity or expression, including a person's orientation toward heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality, or transgender status, or PeopleCare’s perception thereof)
- Pregnancy, childbirth, and related conditions
- Marital status
- National origin
- Military or veteran status
- Age (40 or over)
- Disability (including genetic information)
- Or, any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws.
Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, layoff, recall, and termination.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer competitive base salaries; medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off and sick time; flexible work hours; and the opportunity to quickly accelerate your learning and growth.
Salary & Compensation information: $106,000 - $157,500 depending on experience.
- Medical - The company covers up 85% to 100% of the premium for Cigna healthcare plans depending on the selection. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 75% for dependents.
- Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability.
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching).
- 14 days PTO and 6 paid sick days.
- Nine (9) paid holidays – 7 company designated and 2 floating holidays. (salaried employees only).