Reliability and Maintenance Engineer 8.3.2021
AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence (AI), robotics, and infrastructure for the waste and recycling industry. We’re working to reimagine and actively modernize recycling by applying AI and automation to increase recycling rates and economically recover recyclables reclaimed as raw materials for the global supply chain. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology solutions that solve many of the central challenges of recycling to make it more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable.
Headquartered in Louisville, Colorado, the Denver Post named AMP one of the 2021 Top Workplaces in Colorado. We’re fostering an environment where talented, driven individuals can grow and create impact. We seek unconventional thinkers to join our mission to enable a world without waste; at AMP, your contributions have meaning and can spur change. With backing from top-tier investors and national recognition including Fortune’s Impact 20, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and Forbes’ most promising AI companies, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is looking for a Reliability and Maintenance Engineer to be a cross-functional leader to drive equipment uptime and maintenance execution of AMP’s expansion into secondary sortation facilities. This role, reporting to the Sr. Manager of Facility Optimization, will work across AMP sortation facilities to drive the equipment uptime and performance of facilities across the US. Additionally, the role will develop and manage deployment of a Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) plan to deliver predictable results in support of AMP’s ambitious roadmap.
The Reliability and Maintenance Engineer plays a vital role in our operational success of the secondary sortation facilities. Being able to identify risk of equipment failure and eliminate the presence of that risk is what our organization strives for. Root Cause Analysis (RCA) is key to reaching that goal. The Reliability and Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for capturing and analyzing equipment failures and RCA data/practices to streamline network permanent corrective actions that maximize life, reliability and operational performance of equipment in such a way that will render the best return on our investment. Additional responsibilities will be to provide equipment design input to AMP’s engineering and AMP’s operation’s teams to ensure highly scalable, and maintainable equipment for AMP’s “own & operate” facilities.
As ourReliability and Maintenance Engineer, you will take ownership of developing and coordinating the successful launch of TPM across North American operations to maximize performance of AMP’s secondary facilities business. Responsibilities include:
- Identifying opportunities for RCA and develop processes to address gaps and promote quality data · Facilitate high impact RCAs and drive network rollout of solutions
- Assisting in developing and managing adherence to Reliability Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Leading quarterly Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) events of Critical 1 equipment and drive completion of follow-up actions
- Performing regular deep dives/data analysis to understand key focus areas for improvement across the network
- Identifying opportunities to increase equipment uptime, reduce costs and improve operational performance
- Provide engineering guidance to RCA program initiatives
- Developing and/or utilize condition-based and predictive maintenance tools and programs to both avoid unplanned repair work and reduce maintenance technicians' Preventative Maintenance labor hours
- Project manage equipment rollouts and retrofits.
- Working closely with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) to drive equipment reliability
- Conducting regular meetings with stakeholders to seek feedback and provide updates to Leadership · Travel domestically up to 40%
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven ability and experience leading and organizing teams without reporting line authority, well versed in striking compromise in pursuit of moving toward an objective
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Six Sigma certification
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing tools such as: 5S, 5Y, Value Stream Mapping, Run Charts, Pareto Analysis
- Root Cause Analysis training and facilitation experience
- 5+ years' experience in an engineering role
- 2+ years' experience using Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) and reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Technology, Reliability Engineering, or other related engineering field
- Master’s degree preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus, and ability to accurately see and label color. (remove if not a requirement)
- Louisville, CO or remote
AMP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Salary & Compensation Information: $95,000 - $115,000
- Medical - The company covers up 85% to 100% of the premium for Cigna healthcare plans depending on the selection. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 75% for dependents.
- Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability.
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching).
- 14 days PTO and 6 paid sick days.
- Nine (9) paid holidays – 7 company designated and 2 floating holidays. (salaried employees only).