Release Train Engineer at Vertafore
Vertafore is a leading technology company whose innovative software solution are advancing the insurance industry. Our suite of products provides solutions to our customers that help them better manage their business, boost their productivity and efficiencies, and lower costs while strengthening relationships.
Our mission is to move InsurTech forward by putting people at the heart of the industry. We are leading the way with product innovation, technology partnerships, and focusing on customer success.
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better.
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices across the U.S., Canada, and India.
As a team member embedded in an energetic agile team of Software and QA Engineers, you will create software products utilizing state of the art technologies. With your team, you'll celebrate all the hard work that goes into a successful release to market while gaining first-hand experience in cutting edge, lean-agile, software development methodologies. Our culture fosters collaboration, innovation, integrity, mentorship, commitment to success and FUN. Our managers are dedicated to growing their people and offering an opportunity that allows you to make impact in your career.
If you love technology, are hungry to learn, and are looking for a creative, fun and friendly workplace where you get to develop software that will transform the insurance industry, we would love to get in touch with you.
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
· Lead through example and persuasion, rather than through tasking/directing
· Are eager to dive in and learn, with a willingness to be coached
· Enjoy solving problems as part of a team
· Are servant leaders, strong communicators, and possess strong interpersonal skills
· Deliver training to all areas of the organization to teach and promote Agile best practices
· Present observed risks/issues to appropriate parties to create awareness and prompt discussion
· Ensure that teams have necessary information to deliver on highest priority roadmap items
· Understand and foster culture of quality throughout the organization
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Communicate clearly to explain and defend their opinions
· Are self-motivated and excellent problem-solvers
· Are driven to improve, personally and professionally
· Mentor and inspire others to raise the bar for everyone around them
· Love to collaborate with their peers, designing pragmatic solutions
· Operate best in a fast-paced, flexible work environment
· Have a passion for facilitation of planning, Agile ceremonies, and even tough conversations amongst senior leaders
· Have experience working in an Agile environment using Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), Scrum, XP, Kanban, or other scaled Agile model
· Share what they know by reaching out to other team members
· Have degree in Computer Science or similar valuable experience
Additional Requirements and Details:
· Travel required up to 10% of the time.
· Located and working from an office location.
· Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
· Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
· Frequent sitting and/or standing.
THE VERTAFORE STORY
Over the past 50 years, Vertafore has advanced the entire insurance distribution channel with the best software solutions in the industry. Today, we're proud to say hundreds of thousands of Vertafore users rely on our solutions to write business faster, reduce costs, and fuel growth by increasing collaboration and streamlining processes. Vertafore leads the industry with secure, cloud-based mobile products that provide superior reporting and analytics, delivering actionable insight- right when customers need it most. We partner with other leading technology companies to deliver comprehensive solutions to improve the way our customers do business and serve their customers.
The Vertafore Way
Insurance is about relationships, and technology should make those relationships stronger. That's why, at Vertafore, it's our mission to transform the way the industry operates by putting people at the heart of insurance technology. By focusing on our customers, becoming better every day, and delivering results you can see, we provide the level of trust and security that insurance is all about.
· Bias to Action: We're united by an innate drive to take action and make a difference in the technology and insurance spaces.
· Win Together: We work together as one team, showing empathy and respect along the way.
· Show Up Curious: We work to challenge one another to push boundaries and think beyond the box.
· Say It, Do It: We honor every one of our commitments because integrity is important to us.
· Customer Success is Our Success: We cultivate authentic relationships and follow up by actively listening to their needs.
· We Love Insurance: We appreciate the impact insurance has on the world.
Is this role not an exact fit for you? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
Vertafore is a drug free workplace and conducts preemployment drug and background screenings.
The selected candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the job responsibilities, duties, skill, or working conditions. In addition, this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.