Release Engineer at SpotX
Bertelsmann is a media, services and education company that operates in about 50 countries around the world. It includes the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House, the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr, the music company BMG, the service provider Arvato, the Bertelsmann Printing Group, the Bertelsmann Education Group, and Bertelsmann Investments, an international network of funds. The company has 117,000 employees and generated revenues of €17.1 billion in the 2015 financial year. Bertelsmann stands for creativity and entrepreneurship. This combination promotes first-class media content and innovative service solutions that inspire customers around the world
SpotX is seeking a highly talented Release Engineer who can contribute brilliantly to our team located in Broomfield, CO. We are a fast-paced but casual environment with highly talented peers. The most successful team members are versatile, disciplined and enjoy focusing on new challenges.
The Release Engineering team is responsible for building and deploying Spotx software to production. This includes the creation and maintenance of scripts, careful selection of tools needed to complete these tasks and maintenance of Spotx test environments. The release engineering team communicates with all teams at Spotx but frequently interface with development, project management, automation, and sysops.
We don’t believe in “culture fit”. We believe in you being a genuine human being and pleasant to work with. Sure, we might share a beer at work or after work but you don’t have to. You just need to be a contributing member of our team who is thoughtful and wants to do quality work.
Making an immediate impact:
- Building and deploying Spotx software to production daily
- Reverting problematic builds
- Creating and maintaining automated jobs related to test environment integrity
- Creating and maintaining automation scripts relating to release engineering tasks
- Assisting sysops with sysadmin tasks
Needed SpotX’er talents:
- Proficient using the Linux terminal
- Python programming skills or the ability to quickly learn the Python programming language
- Basic understanding of relational database management systems such as MySQL
- Knowledge of continuous integration and continuous delivery applications such as Jenkins
- Good understanding of version control management systems such as Git
Bonus SpotX’er talents:
- Additional experience with continuous delivery
- Experience with configuration management systems such as Puppet
- Knowledge of monitoring systems such as Nagios
- Experience with Container Management Platform (Docker)
- Work-life balance
- Unlimited PTO (work it out with your team first!), company closed from Christmas to New Years
- Make a real difference - our code reaches millions of people as soon as you release it
- Work in a fun, casual, team environment
- Frisbees and foosball tables
SpotX is the leading global video advertising platform that enables media owners and publishers to monetize premium content across desktop, mobile and connected TV devices.
Visit our About Us page to learn more.