QC Inspector III - Material Quality Assurance at Ball Aerospace
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 should it be reinstated.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
QC Inspector III – Material Quality Assurance
In this position, you will utilize your inspection experience to help ensure the highest quality products end up on our Programs. You will be part of the Material Quality Assurance (MQA) team, within Integrated Supply Chain, where material enters the business, and you are a key part of the verification process that reduces risks to programs and customers. You will ensure our suppliers are providing components and assemblies that meet Ball’s requirements, prevent malicious and counterfeit goods from affecting programs, and will help our nation and the warfighter by providing the best possible products.
What You’ll Do:
- Inspect procured materials and parts for conformance to engineering drawings, schematics, and specifications; process standards and specifications; and production or process plans
- Obtain and maintain certification for J-STD-001 & IPC-600/610/620 for printed wiring boards and assembly inspections.
- Verify received products meet requirements of process standards and specifications utilizing various mechanical inspection equipment, such as calipers, micrometers, thread gages, magnifiers, microscopes, and multimeters.
- Utilize optical comparators and more advanced mechanical inspection tools and gages.
- Accept or reject material and identify and document anomalies and non-conformances.
- Create and maintain inspection records utilizing many different electronic information systems.
- Obtain and maintain all process certification required for assigned tasks.
- Mentor junior staff and provide input on process improvement.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 4 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 2 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Experience recording inspection results, performing inspection operations, interpreting specifications, and using electronic information systems.
- Strong problem-solving abilities, mechanical aptitude, and experience tackling tough inspection challenges.
- Ability to learn electronic information systems and tools. This is often rooted in good computer skills and aptitude.
- Ability to understand and consistently follow work instructions and checklists.
- Good physical dexterity and coordination to safely handle parts, color vision/discrimination, and visual acuity for small details.
- Ability to use microscopes and magnifiers and handle very small parts.
- Ability to frequently bend, stand, walk, and lift up to 40 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to clearly and professionally communicate.
- Proficiency using Windows and common Microsoft Office applications.
Full-Time On-Site Work Environment: This position requires regular in-person engagement by working on-site full-time. Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- May also perform functions in various work centers and different shifts, as needed.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $24.04 - $32.04 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.