Wowza Media Systems creates disruptive technologies for delivering video and audio streams to any screen, from computers to televisions to mobile devices. We are currently seeking a Software QA Engineer to work on our Wowza Streaming products and services. The ideal candidate will have agile experience testing web services, web applications, mobile and desktop applications and hardware. This position will be located in our Berlin office location.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Black box testing of our Wowza Streaming services and applications
- Experience in web automation frameworks, such as selenium or watir-webdriver
- Create and maintain automation scripts
- Configure workflow environments to include 3rdparty applications, services and devices
- Provide QA tasks on assigned projects
- Document, review and maintain test plans and procedures in Test Rail.
- Enter, track and regress properly formed software issues. Work with engineering, support and product teams to triage issues and assign appropriately.
- Regression test issues reported by customers, and provide timely feedback to support
- Effectively communicate with the software engineers to understand and efficiently test software deliverables
- Provide best practice QA methodologies throughout the software lifecycle
To be successful, you should
Have good communication and problem solving skills, work well in a team environment, and have the desire to continue to learn new technologies
- Must have 3+ years QA experience in a software development environment
- Strong working knowledge of Windows, Mac OS and Linux
- Proven experience working with remote teams
- Some understanding of the streaming media industry
This is a great opportunity to build an exciting and rewarding career with an innovative, successful emerging technology company that is passionate about our customers and has a track record of delivering results.
Who We Are:
Wowza Media Systems (www.wowza.com) creates streaming products and services for delivering video and audio streams to any screen, from desktops to televisions to mobile devices. We have been in business for over ten years, won numerous industry awards, and are driving over 19,000 customers in more than 170 countries.
We are committed to shaping the streaming industry and lead the way with products and services that both simplify streaming, and provide tools for advanced users to build their own customized solutions. By staying true to our focus on customer success we continue to redefine our industry and impact the world.