The Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for leading the debugging of software products through the use of manual and automated tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for company products. The QA Engineer will develop, modify, and execute software test plans as well as analyze and write test standards and procedures. This role is expected to maintain documentation and recommend any corrective action needed and will partner closely with Software Engineers in an Agile/Scrum.
- Closely partners with the SW Engineers at the onset of a project to develop product requirements, test specifications, and build test frameworks and cases to rigorously test product functionality.
- Reviews and provides input on the accuracy, clarity, and testability of requirements.
- Leads the automation and manual test
- Proactively works with cross-functional teams. Builds and maintains good business relationships that help drive ideas and solutions.
- Proactively engages team to review ideas, solutions, issues, and/or concerns.
- Applies AGILE concepts and works collaboratively and closely with Software Engineers in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Trains and mentors new/junior/offshore teammates and drives best practice across the team.
- Performs analysis on applications/stories, writes manual and automated tests and executes on test suites. Identifies system or architecture limitations from analysis of performance test results.
- Creates automation frameworks and automated test suites and is responsible for cross-component testing.
- Other duties as assigned
- Thorough understanding of, and support for, Agile development methodologies
- Ability to design, collect, and analyze large datasets
- Ability to communicate technical concepts and designs to cross-functional and offshore teams who have varying levels of technical experience
- Proven data engineering, problem solving, and analysis skills
- Strong demonstrable SQL and Python skills
- High-level written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think strategically
- Ability to adapt to changing conditions and lead others through change
- Analytical and problem-solving ability and orientation
- Demonstrated organizational, prioritization, and time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to travel nationally to remote offices and partners approximately 10% of the time
Required Education, Certifications, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or similar
- 3 years of experience in QA Engineering.
- 3 years of experience with a variety of different testing techniques such as UI Testing, Automated Testing, Test Driven Development Strategies and other
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team on multiple overlapping projects.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering large projects.
- Demonstrated ability to build and implement automated frameworks and tests.
- Superior understanding of Software Development Life Cycle methodologies
- Technical writing experience in relevant areas, including queries, reports, and presentations
- Experience in a diverse set of Amazon Web Services data services including:
- Step Functions
- Development experience with Python, or Node.js
- Significant experience in a big data ecosystem
- ETL Testing Experience
- Snowflake Experience
Estimated Salary range for this position: $79,695 - $111,300
The base salary range represents the anticipated low and high end of the GHX’s salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role. The base salary is one component of GHX’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards and benefits include: health, vision, and dental insurance, accident and life insurance, 401k matching, paid-time off, and education reimbursement, to name a few. To view more details of our benefits, visit us here: https://www.ghx.com/about/careers/
GHX: It's the way you do business in healthcare
Global Healthcare Exchange (GHX) enables better patient care and billions in savings for the healthcare community by maximizing automation, efficiency and accuracy of business processes.
GHX is a healthcare business and data automation company, empowering healthcare organizations to enable better patient care and maximize industry savings using our world class cloud-based supply chain technology exchange platform, solutions, analytics and services. We bring together healthcare providers and manufacturers and distributors in North America and Europe - who rely on smart, secure healthcare-focused technology and comprehensive data to automate their business processes and make more informed decisions.
It is our passion and vision for a more operationally efficient healthcare supply chain, helping organizations reduce - not shift - the cost of doing business, paving the way to delivering patient care more effectively. Together we take more than a billion dollars out of the cost of delivering healthcare every year. GHX is privately owned, operates in the United States, Canada and Europe, and employs more than 800 people worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is in Louisville, Colorado, just outside of Denver, with additional offices in Europe, Atlanta, Georgia, Chicago, Illinois, and Omaha, Nebraska.
Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC and its North American subsidiaries (collectively, “GHX”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any status protected by applicable law. This EEO policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, educational assistance, termination, layoffs, social and recreational programs, and retirement.
GHX believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables each employee to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. GHX expects and requires the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.