QA Engineer - Contact Center
Software Engineer - Contact Center
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Boulder, CO
RingCentral, Inc., a leading provider of Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS), fosters a dynamic, success-driven, and team-oriented environment committed to delivering simple and delightful products for our customers. We are looking for a candidate with an entrepreneurial spark and a passion for redefining how people communicate.
RingCentral is one of the fastest growing SaaS companies in the world, and is hands down the largest and fastest growing company in pure cloud business communication and collaboration space. We are committed to innovation, and we continuously out-innovate the competition. Our award winning products are recognized leaders by Gartner and other prominent analysts. Communication is at the heart of every business, and our products enable people to do the work they want on the channel of their choice whether it's voice, video, text or chat while eliminating the complexity and unnecessary expense of managing business communications. We are relentlessly focused on user experience.
RingCentral fosters career development and provides leadership training, education, workshops, and coaching for all employees. We promote a healthy work-life balance by providing catered lunch and breakfast on a daily basis as well as a kitchen stocked with a variety of complimentary beverages and delicious snacks.
RingCentral is the market leader in integrated communication products with telephone, video conferencing, messaging and contact center software. Our contact-center products power mission-critical systems for businesses large and small, require unrivaled uptime, unlimited scalability, enormous flexibility to support any business need or workflow, and an exemplary user experience. To meet these needs, we are searching for only the best engineers and QA to help expand, grow our onshore and offshore engineering teams, and participate in building world-class products.
We are looking for a talented QA Engineer in Software to join the RingCentral Engineering team in our Boulder, CO office. In this position, you will work with front-end and back-end engineering teams to help execute on the product roadmap and work with existing team members to document new features, test existing features, regression test platforms, and help build our testing knowledgebase. You'll be responsible for working with engineering teams day-to-day to ensure successful, stable and bug-free software delivery.
You'll work side-by-side with on-shore and off-shore teams, have opportunities to engage in peer code reviews with engineers across multiple disciplines, participate in sprint planning ceremonies, and help to elevate the quality and spirit of the team and product. Through this role you will have the opportunity to explore cutting edge technologies, work on enterprise-class software, experience large-scale problems at work, and collaborate with engineers and QA throughout the world to continue to enhance our contact-center offering.
You should be self-motivated, exceptionally organized and detailed oriented, excited about technology and SaaS products, and relentlessly passionate about quality, stability, and detailed documentation. Motivational, constructive and positive teamwork are key values we hold, and so must you.
- Work with Product Managers and Engineers to help identify risks in new features, and document acceptance criteria for new tickets.
- Work with engineers to understand new and existing features to gain context of the product and platform
- Design and document testing scenarios to comprehensively cover new features and functionality.
- Continually adapt existing practices / principles to accommodate the changing product and technological landscape
- Occasional off-hour availability for production testing on release nights
- For the right candidate, opportunities to adapt practices into automated features and gain software development experience
- Participate in Agile / Scrum activities, Sprint Plannings, Standups, etc.
- Participate in code reviews and product demos
- Work with onshore and offshore teams in collaborative capacities
- Ability to think critically and comprehensively about complex systems
- Proven ability to learn new systems
- Excellent Documentation / writing abilities
- Previous experience in software development, technical support or QA roles
- Relational Database Experience (MySQL, Postgres, SQL Server, etc) - preferred
- Familiarity with Linux operating system - Preferred
- Desire to learn and document new systems
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks as needed to ensure quality software
- Desire to join a high-performing engineering team
- Solid references
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a global provider of cloud unified communications and collaboration solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premise systems, RingCentral empowers today's mobile and distributed workforces to be connected anywhere and on any device through voice, video, team messaging, collaboration, SMS, conferencing, online meetings, contact center, and fax. RingCentral provides an open platform that integrates with today's leading business apps while giving customers the flexibility to customize their own workflows. RingCentral is a leader in the 2016 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications as a Service Worldwide for the second consecutive year. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, Calif.
RingCentral is an EEO/AA employer.