Hotel Engine, a startup based in Denver, is a leader in travel tech with a demonstrated track record of growth and impact. Our foundations are strong, and we’ve navigated the COVID-19 crisis by bringing our customer obsession, innovative platform, data-driven problem-solving, and bias for action into every decision. By partnering with tens of thousands of businesses and government agencies and hundreds of thousands of hotels around the world, we have built a resilient and adaptable business model and 2021 will be our best year yet. Working hard behind the scenes are exceptional people–from our large engineering and product teams, to our fast-growing sales, supplier and member experience orgs, to our data, marketing, and operations teams. As individuals and together, we show our DNA every day with our curiosity, will to win, ownership and high standards.
Hotel Engine seeks a QA Automation Lead with strong experience in automated testing to join our engineering team. You will work directly with our dev and product teams and the employees using our software to help shape the future of our company. Our team is focused on shipping quality product and we want to add a self-starter who truly enjoys software development, product ownership, solving problems, and learning something new every day.
The ideal candidate loves ensuring that we are shipping quality code. The right candidate wants to be the go-to resource for their areas of responsibility and share what they know and learn with teammates.
How We Work:
- We do Scrumban here with daily standups and recurring grooming, planning, and retrospectives
- We are good teammates who follow our working agreement. We’re looking for hard workers who don’t let their ego get in the way
- We follow a part-time work from home schedule. Fully remote for now during Covid
- We ship code daily to our production, staging, and continuous integration environments. We monitor our test results, deployments, and production monitoring alerts
- 6+ years of software QA experience
- 4+ years of automation testing experience
- A passion for giving users a polished, highly usable experience
- Experience with high volume production applications
- Experience with Selenium WebDriver, Capybara & RSpec
- Experience with API testing and using tools like Postman
- Experience with databases and using SQL to write queries
- Experience with CI/CD
- Base compensation range: $100,000 - $130,000
- Experience with mobile testing
- Experience with Heroku
- Experience in an agile environment
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine is on Built in Colorado’s 2021 Best Places to Work list and provides each employee with the opportunity to take on new challenges that support their near and long-term goals in a high-growth, startup environment. We also give back and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries. Salary offers will be based on the candidate's qualifications.
- Performance-driven commission opportunities for select roles
- Performance-driven equity awards
- Parental leave programs
- Generous time-off including open PTO, sick days and two paid volunteer days each year
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage (with a plan available at no cost to employees), dental and vision offerings, as well as FSA, wellness, and disability offerings
- 401(k) plan with a match program