QA Automation Engineer - Pear Deck at GoGuardian (Greater Denver Area, CO or Remote)
At GoGuardian, we're helping share the future of digital learning by providing educators, students, and schools with tools to create engaging and equitable learning environments. Together, we build innovative solutions to empower students, deliver insights, and encourage experimentation. With employees around the globe, we're committed to building a culture of inclusivity, curiosity, and courage. GoGuardian's growth is fast and ever-evolving, and our teams are growing along with it - always ready to experiment and learn.
We're here for the cause, but also for the culture. We celebrate our successes and wins together, and make time to appreciate our teammates every day. Take a peek into your future at GoGuardian: our Slack channels include #gardenclub, #boardgametime, #bookrecs, and #petphotos. There's always something fun going on, including concerts, classes, book clubs, and more! From virtual trivia to local meet-ups, Guardians are always finding ways to connect.
Our Engineering team is built on a purpose-driven culture of collaboration, openness, trust, and transparency with amazing individuals that push the limits and think outside the box every day. As the foundation of our company, GoGuardian engineers help build, optimize, and maintain our infrastructure and applications that support millions of students and educators every day. They develop solutions to support meaningful interactions between students and teachers in face-to-face, remote, or hybrid learning environments.
As a QA Automation Engineer , you will support and help launch new features across multiple teams. You will be expected to develop and document strategies for testing, execute the strategies and implement automation. You will also help shape best practices across the company, and be an advocate for quality assurance in development. As a QA Automation Engineer, you will play a key role in shaping our products from the early stages of development and should have great communication skills in order to be able to provide clear and concise feedback to our teams.
What You'll Do
- Develop and execute tests for new and existing features
- Provide feedback and insight from a quality assurance standpoint on new features in development
- Assist in identifying, reproducing, and prioritizing issues reported by consumers
- Automate testing of our products and help shape our CI/CD pipelines
- Perform quality assurance duties across multiple teams
Who You Are
- 3-4 years of experience in Quality Assurance and/or related fields and a degree in Computer Science
- 2-3 years of experience using test automation software such as Playwright or Puppeteer
- Must be experienced and comfortable working in the scrum process
- Must have the ability to prioritize and process requests from multiple stakeholders in a timely manner
- JIRA experience or similar issue and project tracking software
- TestRail or similar test case management software
- Experience building automated test harnesses and working with Playwright
What We Offer
- A varied and challenging role in a multinational and highly innovative company
- A robust benefits package including health insurance, 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match, employee stock option plan, paid parental leave, 13 paid company holidays, and much more
- Development and further training opportunities for shaping and realizing your career goals
- Exceptional colleagues with a passion for EdTech
P.S. - Share this with your friends or co-workers who may be interested in working at GoGuardian! We have multiple openings and are always looking for amazing people.
GoGuardian is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. GoGuardian does not discriminate against employees, applicants, interns or volunteers on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, registered domestic partner status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.