Publisher Advancement Engineer I at Sovrn
About the Team
The Publisher Advancement team is dedicated to the progression of our publishers through the Sovrn onboarding & product integration journey. We offer technical support, documentation, ad operations, account management, & hands on implementation guidance.
About the Job
As a Publisher Advancement Engineer I, you will work closely with the Advancement Managers and the Director, Publisher Advancement to technical implementation support and troubleshooting. You will work proactively to provide deep technical knowledge and context to team members as well as publishers. You will also work reactively with the support team to help provide advanced troubleshooting techniques, in turn providing solutions to problems raised.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Solve complex product implementation problems and get publishers live faster and ensure that best practices are followed.
- Diagnose complex setups, and communicate clearly through to resolution
- Assist with the build of internal tools for automation and foster a collaborative environment.
- Identify process improvements, come up with solutions and coordinate efforts with other teams across the company
- Identify and triage system-issues and work with our development teams to drive resolution.
- Collaboratively present the output of solution design to the key internal and client stakeholders
You have a passion for the customer and are willing to see beyond your own limitations. You always explore, self teach, learn and teach others. You are scrappy and love to automate the heck out of everything so you can spend more time on what matters most. You are a hacker at heart and above all, love to learn.
The successful candidate will have:
- Web Development Course Certificate OR Substitutable Experience
- Any other programming languages a plus
- Experience with HTTP methods, responses, and statuses, browser developer tools, and all manners or webpage workings
- Experienced with third party APIs
- Client-focused and striving to provide the best experience to our publishers and internal stakeholders
- Exceptional communication with strong interpersonal and client facing skills, and excellent written and phone communication skills, both in tone and technical descriptions
- Comfortable working in ambiguous situations and willingness to adapt
- Able to establish and foster relationships with key stakeholders across the company
- Must be willing to explore, self teach, learn in the position, and teach others.
- Ad Ops / Ad Tech / Exchange / SSP Background
This position reports to: Director, Publisher Advancement (Support)
We spend a great deal of our time online. Whether it’s for information, commerce, or entertainment, each of us has come to depend on what we research, discover, and share. Publishers – those who create and curate content – are what makes the Internet great. Yet these publishers practice their craft largely alone, in silos – without reference points or insightful understanding about where they sit in the grand scheme of things. To add to the challenge, once a Publisher’s content is in the wild, then the task of building engagement, growing a loyal following and enriching the engagement with that following can sometimes feel like shots in the dark or worse, a black box. Moreover, making money from their craft can be a complex task for any independent publisher who might prioritize generating content first and money second.
Sovrn believes that independent publishers are the Internet's vibrancy. As a partner and advocate to tens of thousands of independent publishers, Sovrn provides tools, technologies and services that help publishers (a) make money; (b) get distribution to grow their audience; and (c) access a massive data commons providing extraordinary insights.
The landscape of content networks, adtech vendors, and the myriad of buy-side / sell-side companies can be a complete maze for any reasonable person to decipher. Sovrn cuts through the noise and simplifies things with a basic, straightforward mission:
Help content creators do more of what they want to do – and less of what they don’t
Sovrn is an Equal Opportunity Employer!