At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Project Engineer Senior - Electrical
Join Ball Aerospace as a Senior Electrical Project Engineer within the Electrical Solutions business unit! In this role, you will provide technical, cost, and schedule direction for a team of Electrical Systems, Electrical Design, Mechanical Packaging, Parts & Reliability, Radiation, and Production Engineers.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with support teams, functional management, program management, customers, and business development in the design, fabrication, test, and integration of space-based electronics subsystems for cutting-edge bus and instrument programs.
- Collaborate with payload or spacecraft Integrated Product Team (IPT) leads, system engineers, and program management to provide alternatives to requirements that drive system cost and schedule.
- Work with support disciplines –system assurance, quality assurance, test engineering, and production.
- Lead electrical engineering teams responsible for system architecture through detailed circuit development of space-based, high reliability electronic systems for general analog and power supply electronics and/or avionics systems.
- Responsible for electrical system cost, schedule, and technical scope along with driving critical risk-based decisions throughout program life-cycle.
- Provide and communicate insight and understanding of both the technical and programmatic aspects of project to the customer community and project team.
- Work with functional management to ensure staffing needs are identified and filled in a timely manner.
- May manage complex electronics development and productions subcontracts.
- Support new business proposal opportunities.
- Deliver high reliability electronics for NASA, DoD, NOAA, other government customers.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within Engineering, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 16 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Advanced degree is preferred.
- Experience with “flight space qualified” analog, digital, and/or mixed signal electronics design, fabrication, and test in radiation intense environments.
- Experience with Electronics/Electrical Engineering (EEE) parts for space flight applications and understanding of associated screening and qualification processes.
- Successful track record (cost, schedule, performance) leading and providing technical guidance to cross-functional space-based electronics teams from proposal through delivery.
- Strong working knowledge of project management tools and practices, including developing and controlling program schedules and budgets, risk & opportunity management, scope change management, resource management, and subcontract program management preferably for U.S. government customers.
- Experience leading Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) programs and reporting cost variance metrics.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written communication skills, verbal presentation skills, conflict management skills, and an ability to lead group discussions.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $162,700 - $205,600 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.