Programmer Analyst Specialist for FIS ACBS at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
FIS™ ACBS is a premier commercial lending and loan servicing solution that enables timely decision-making, reduces operating costs, improves data quality, and delivers advanced analytics.
What you will be doing
Design, code, test, implement, maintain, and support applications software that is delivered on time and within budget. Work closely with business analysts and team members to understand business requirements that drive analysis and design of quality technical solutions ensuring alignment with business and IT strategies and complying with FIS architectural standards.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides application software development services or technical support typically in a defined project.
• Develops program logic for new applications or analyzes and modifies logic in existing applications.
• Codes, tests, debugs, documents, implements and maintains software applications.
• Maintains, tests and integrates application components.
• Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code
• Ensures system improvements are successfully implemented.
• Demonstrates an understanding of FIS systems and the financial services industry.
• Analyzes requirements and translates business requirements into product designs.
• Writes technical specifications and other forms of documentation.
• Suggests technical alternatives and improves/streamlines processes and systems.
• Completes project assignments and special projects commensurate with job expectations.
• Conducts planning, analysis and forecasting activities to plan projects and tasks.
• May participate in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and buy vs. build recommendations.
• May provide leadership and/or guidance to other technical professionals.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles, i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development
• Proficiency in business modeling and requirements definition disciplines through Unified Modeling Language (UML), use cases, etc.
• Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external customers
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
• Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
• Excellent problem-solving, team and time management skills
• Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
- Expert level Microsoft C#
- Expert in a database technology, either SQL Server or Oracle. Experience writing stored procedures, views and constructing schema.
- Experience with API development.
- A huge plus if you have Lansa experience.
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A wide range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources, and opportunities
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.