Principal ServiceNow Architect at IHS Markit Digital
Principal ServiceNow Architect
IHS Markit is looking to hire a Principal ServiceNow Architect in our Operational Platforms group. The Principal Architect will provide technology direction, ensure project implementation compliance, and utilize technology research to innovate, integrate, and manage technology solutions. In this role, you will significantly contribute to identifying best-fit architectural solutions for one or more projects; you will collaborate with developers, business analysts, and stakeholders to create and implement innovative high quality solutions and help mentor junior members of the team.
This role will offer the opportunity to design solutions using ServiceNow that will benefit multiple functions at IHS Markit. On these high-profile initiatives, you will work with project stakeholders, leadership, technical resources, and vendors to design and implement processes and modules in ServiceNow that streamline the way we work. Some of your day to day activities will include creating architecture and design documentation, presenting technical solutions, guiding and mentoring technical staff, creating POC solutions, estimating solution costs and timelines, designing system integrations and data migrations, creating technical roadmaps, leading system upgrades, and much more. A key function of success in this role is a focus on thought leadership and the ability to inspire change in the organization through technology solutions.
- Provide thought leadership in strategic direction for the enterprise implementation of the ServiceNow platform.
- Collaborate with a large group of technical and business stakeholders, developers, and architects to set technical direction for the delivery of solutions
- Assist in gathering and reviewing process requirements and map to ServiceNow features/implementations
- Assist with POC activities, understanding of ServiceNow platform, and agile approaches
- Establish and enforces systems design and architectural standards, establishes maintains best practices and drive the principles throughout the systems delivery lifecycle.
- Identify training opportunities for developers and service owners.
- Manage cases and changes with the ServiceNow account managers and technical contacts.
- Responsible for identifying, understanding, documenting new platform capabilities and enhancements, and ensuring that we are evangelizing these to the appropriate service owners and that no impacts will be caused.
- Maintain ServiceNow operational functions by troubleshooting problems with functionality and following up on incidents raised against the platform.
- Identifying and formulating new ServiceNow solutions to existing business problems and engaging with service managers to propose implementation.
- Reviewing new feature and enhancement requests to help manage and prioritize current development initiatives.
- Identify items within the ServiceNow platform that are technical debt or deprecated and formulate plans to mitigate these items.
- Mange the platform version and automated upgrades with testing plans, milestones, skipped record reviews and cloning.
- Identify opportunities and technology that will integrate ServiceNow with other systems for automation.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related degree or equivalent experience
- At least 10 years’ years of information technology experience directly related to architecture/engineering, information security, or other specialized technology field
- At least 5 years of experience in enterprise and solutions architecture and architectural frameworks
- At least 5+ years of experience using ServiceNow
- Proficient in at least 1 programming language
- Proficient in at least 1 scripting language
- Proficient in at least 1 database technology
- Functional knowledge and implementation experience of IT Service Management (ITSM) frameworks and demonstrated project management skills
- Proven track record of technical leadership roles delivering solutions within defined timeframes.
- Demonstrated success in performing work and managing complex and/or large projects.
- Strong demonstrated understanding of IT service desk and service management along with good understanding of the ITIL framework including Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Release Management, and Service Desk.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to present ideas and processes to stakeholders with varying levels of technological experience
- Experience managing technical teams in complex, dynamic environments collaborating with and managing teams across multiple projects
- Experience in a SaaS environment Design, development, and deployment experience with ServiceNow
- Experience with continuous delivery, configuration management, continuous integration, and source control software processes and tools a requirement. Experience with automated web test frameworks
- Experience in defining new architectures and ability to drive an independent project from an architectural standpoint.
- Experience in complete project life cycle activities on development and maintenance projects.
- Knowledge and experience in developing software using agile methodologies.
- Working knowledge of LDAP, AD, SSO, Email Infrastructure, Web Services , workflow
- Working knowledge of relational databases
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
Preferred & Distinguishing Skills
- ServiceNow Certified Application Developer
- ServiceNow Certified System Administrator
- ITIL v3 Foundations Certification
- CMDB design + ServiceNow Certified System Administrator
- ServiceNow Certified Application Developer
- ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist
- Implementation and customization of core applications including Incident, Problem, Change, Knowledge, HRSM, Configuration Management, and Service Catalog
- Development experience of form customization, business rule, client script, script include, UI policies, security rules, and other objects of ServiceNow
- Experience using Workflow Editor to configure workflows
- Efficient multi-tasking.
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints.
- Self-motivation with high degree of discipline.
- Dynamic and flexible thought processes.
- Strong orientation on results.
- Must be an excellent communicator both written and verbally in English.
- Strong inter-personal skills; team player, focus about “we” than “I”.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to negotiate timelines and resourcing.
- Enjoy their work!