Principal Engineer at Bonusly (Remote)
Bonusly is looking for an autonomous, passionate, and high-performing Principal Engineer. We are looking for someone who will join us as a subject matter expert, and help set the tone and direction of our architecture and development practices. We need someone who has been around the block a few times, and can share their knowledge to operate cross functionally across all our products and tech stacks. You’ll be challenged with helping us scale to our next exciting phase of development, and we’ll look to you to be a critical team player in helping us get to where we need to go.
Your team will build products that transform workplace recognition and feedback at the most innovative and fastest-growing companies in the world.
What You'll Do:
- Operate cross functionally as an Engineer to drive Bonusly’s architecture forward as we scale to our next phase of development
- Lead your team to build critical features of Bonusly’s products from ideation to production, handling everything from the code, to architecture, and beyond
- Lead our engineering team to deliver consistent and timely customer value across multiple product lines
- Constantly analyze and improve our user experience
- Be a subject matter expert on our engineering team, and influence the direction of our Engineering efforts
- Be a part of our high growth journey and collaborate to create and iterate on our practices
- Join an inclusive, collaborative, and skilled product team that loves to create reliable, scalable, intuitive, and useful products.
- Implement and refine development processes that support timely delivery at scale.
You Should Apply If You:
- Have 10+ years of professional Engineering experience
- Have experience operating as an Engineering Lead across multiple teams, multiple products, and multiple tech stacks
- Have experience building within B2B SaaS
- Have significant experience developing distributed systems
- Have led multiple large feature launches, from cradle to grave, ideation to production
- Have led a number of projects that are distributed and have significant scale
- Are excited to work from big picture all the way down to tweaking algorithms, and want to roll up your sleeves to code
- Have experience working in an Agile environment
- Have a deep understanding of software development & the technologies driving large systems at scale
- Have a desire to work on a dynamic team in a high-growth, rapidly changing environment
- Are used to influencing others in the field, and sharing your knowledge
Bonus Point For:
- Having presented on Engineering methodologies to large groups of people, whether at TED Talks, conferences, or networking events
- Having experience presenting Engineering initiatives in front of Executive teams and/or Boards of Directors
- Embodying the Ten Principles for Growth as an Engineer
- Being interested in the things we talk about at https://engineering.bonus.ly/
- Base Salary range: $170,500 - $220,000
- Equity Range: .08% - .26%