Quantum Metric is paving the way for Continuous Product Design, which is a cross-team approach to building better digital products faster. The result: Teams agree on priorities, build products customers love, and innovate with speed and confidence.
Our number one goal at QM is happy people, happy culture. In addition, we are obsessed with helping businesses deliver better digital products and experiences. We encourage creative problem solving, rapid innovation and bold goal-setting. Our relatively flat organization structure keeps everyone informed and enables people to get involved in solving the problems they care about most. We are a close-knit team moving fast to deliver value to our customers and continue pushing the envelope as we develop new products.
Who are we? Quantum Metric helps organizations build better digital products faster. Our platform for Continuous Product Design gives business and technical teams a single version of truth that’s fast, quantified, and grounded on what customers actually experience. The result: Teams agree on priorities, build products customers love, and innovate with speed and confidence.
What will you do? As a Platform Services Engineer, you will be creating and refining the services that drive both our infrastructure and end-user applications. We work with Go, TypeScript, Kubernetes, Kafka, MySQL/MariaDB, and Google Cloud Platform services, but we believe in using the right tool for the job. Our services ingest and expose mountains of experience and analytics data to Quantum Metric applications as quickly and efficiently as possible. You’ll own features and be an integral part of a DevOps culture where you’ll be responsible for building, deploying, and maintaining parts of the application.
Who are you? You love developing software and your passion for building with code is palpable. You love spending time creating high-throughput data capture/data processing systems. You are particularly fond of building and using distributed systems to solve problems at scale. You love building applications and tooling on top of Kubernetes, and you know what it takes to operate a reliable service using tools like Prometheus and Grafana. While you’re a developer with a passion for writing good code, you also enjoy brainstorming sessions with your peers and product owners to discover the best solution to a problem. You see the importance of providing input and considering the points-of-view of those around you. At the end of the day, you enjoy being part of a healthy team culture that practices mutual respect.
- You are skilled with Go and have experience in Python, C++, Java, or a similar language and are willing to learn quickly.
- You subscribe to the DevOps mindset and are as comfortable scripting Linux systems with Bash as you are monitoring the key performance indicators of your service with our observability tools.
- You have built large-scale applications on top of Kubernetes, maybe even K8s controllers and operators.
- You also have familiarity with both SQL and NoSQL systems.
- You’re curious and self-motivated, so you’re probably really familiar with a variety of different tech. We understand the value of learning continuously and expanding out of your comfort zone.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems, Code School Certification or equivalent
- At least 2-4 years of professional software engineering experience
- Experience automating workflows with various scripting languages
Perks, Benefits, & Compensation
- This will be the best group that you ever work with! We support one another through challenges and win as a team. Your hard work will be well rewarded. Most importantly, you'll be strapped to a technology rocket ship bound for greatness! Your success at Quantum Metric will be a milestone in your career.
- Group benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance (99% Medical base plan paid by the Company)
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Telehealth options
- Voluntary Life & AD&D, STD, LTD
- Healthy Rewards – Discount Programs
- 401k and Options / Equity
- Time off (Paid Vacation, Sick, Holidays)
- 11 company holidays
- 3 weeks (120 hours) accrued vacation
- Sick leave (according to state mandated allocation)
- Parental/Adoption Leave
- Promotional Opportunities
- Rewards and Recognitions programs
- One-time stipend for work at home employees
- Flexible work environments
- Employee Discount Program (Perks at Work)
- Employee Referral Program
- Lead Referral Program
- Latest MacBook Pro and awesome swag delivered to your door
- Supportive and collaborative culture
- Compensation: $85,000 - 115,000
About Quantum Metric
Our mission is to help brands deliver standout digital experiences for their customers. Enterprises are using Quantum Metric to build customer-centric digital products that drive revenue and foster brand loyalty. In 2020, Quantum Metric was ranked 124 in the Inc 5000, a list of America's fastest-growing private companies.
Since our founding in 2015, we’ve been serving Fortune 500 customers across e-commerce, travel and hospitality, financial services and insurance, and telecommunications. The typical Quantum Metric customer achieves a full investment payback within three months of beginning to use our real-time digital intelligence platform and, on average, a 376% ROI over three years.
In January of 2021, Quantum Metric secured its place as the first tech unicorn of the year with an above $1 billion valuation and a $200 million Series B funding round, and we are using those funds to accelerate our product and people growth. If your background matches the above role and you’re interested in joining a team of people with exceptional potential from diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences, we want to hear from you.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Quantum Metric reserves the right to change, edit, and add duties and responsibilities of all job descriptions at any time, at its sole discretion, and to notify the respective employee accordingly.
Quantum Metric is an E-Verify employer.