Mobile Developer at Zen Planner
Zen Planner serves over 7,000 businesses in the boutique fitness, yoga, martial arts and affiliate gym space, providing business owners everything needed to run a successful gym, school or studio. Zen Planner was acquired by Daxko in 2017 and our best-in-class software is backed by a team of nearly 100 likeminded fitness fanatics, outdoors enthusiasts and techies. In 2019, we also added SugarWOD, the leading mobile workout tracker and community hub for CrossFitters everywhere, to the Daxko family of brands.Job Description
As a member of our product development team, you will contribute to the entire life-cycle of new features and improve existing capabilities and infrastructure for the newest addition to our family of brands - SugarWOD. You will use your extensive knowledge of mobile technologies (iOS and/or Android) to improve the SugarWOD athlete and coach apps. SugarWOD is a mobile-first product, and delighting our app users is a must!
We are located in Highlands Ranch, CO and Boulder, CO - but you don’t have to be. We make heavy use of online tools including Slack, DropBox, and GitHub to collaborate. We are open to local or remote team members.
A typical week
You will work on features in all phases of their “life-cycle”:
- You’ll brainstorm with our team to conceptualize new features
- You’ll collaborate to build new features for our large-and-growing user base
- You’ll learn about new web technologies and discuss potential solutions to problems
- You’ll help our skilled support team triage bugs and troubleshoot production issues
- Infrastructure – AWS, Heroku, mLab, Algolia, Stream.io, Keen.io, GitHub
- Mobile – Objective-C (iOS), Java (Android), CocoaPods, Gradle, and many other open source components.
- 3+ years of experience writing Objective-C or Java
- Expertise in building complex layouts with AutoLayout and XML
- Experience building and debugging complex systems in a team environment
- Experience with modern mobile technologies and architectures
- Strong UX and design sensibilities, and a desire to get the details “just right”
- An ability to collaborate closely with team members to provide creative solutions to unique problems.
- Strong attention to detail, organization, time-management, and planning skills and the ability to self-manage tasks.
- An understanding that what we do helps small business, gyms and online fitness communities serve their membership. We are helping the world get fitter.
- Academic background in computer science (BSc or MSc)
- Experience in small startup environments
- Experience designing web sites or applications
Zen Planner has received several recognitions for its incredible culture, including Outside Magazine’s Best Places to Work five years in a row, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado and Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, to name a few.
We truly care for our team members, and this is reflected in our offices, benefits, and great perks. Some of our favorites include:
- Flexible paid time off
- Affordable health insurance options
- Monthly fitness reimbursement
- 401(k) matching
- Casual work environment
- Plenty of free food and caffeine
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.