Mobile Architect at Arrow Electronics, Inc.
Arrow Electronics, a Fortune 110 Electronics Distribution and Tech/Engineering firm, is seeking a Mobile Application Architect to join our Enterprise Computing Solutions team in Centennial, CO. The Architect will play a critical role in leading the design and deployment of the next generation of our internal supply chain application. Our motto is "Five Years Out" and our employees embrace technology as a means to allow them to perform their functions at a high level. These mobile applications allow our supply chain and distribution facilities to operate efficiently to ensure that Arrow's products and services are processed and delivered with the utmost care.
Working closely with all members of the Product and Development teams, you will be responsible for implementing the front-end of our product experience as well as conceptualizing and planning new features.
You will be working in a collaborative environment, which is diverse and open-minded. The successful candidate will demonstrate best practice front-end development, including usability, calls to action and delighting the user while maintaining security, cross-platform/browser compliance, accessibility, scalability and performance standards.
What’s In It For You
At Arrow, we recognize that financial rewards and great benefits are important aspects of an ideal job. That’s why we offer competitive financial compensation, including various compensation plans, and a solid benefits package.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Competitive Paid Time Off / Holidays / Sick time
- Parental Leave (Maternity / Paternity options)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Discounted RTD Passes, with convenient office location off RTD Light Rail
- On-site Café with Catering Option for Busy Lifestyles
- 24/7/365 On-site Gym and Lockers, Free for Use to All Employees!
- Bike Racks
- And more!
- Ready to help shape our architecture practice and make an impact on the firm's growth
- Passionate application architect with a history of working with enterprise technologies, and leading the development effort, but also comfortable working with the development team within the code base
- Work with a team to design and develop mobile warehouse solutions.
- Help maintain code quality and automation
- Mentoring, inspiring and leading engineers on proper development practices, patterns, and techniques.
- Flexibility and creativity in solution design including leveraging emerging technologies
- Capable of upwardly influencing the strategic direction of business solutions
- Ready to get hands on if needed. Should have a broad level of skills in architecting solutions including mobile, web, integration middleware, database & data warehouse, front-end technology & framework, security, and cloud infrastructure.
- Ability to work in an environment of competing and alternating priorities with a constant focus
- 8-10 years of strong Android/Java programming background and mastery of design patterns to help engineers apply best practices.
- Experience in developing mobile apps both native and hybrid mobile development framework.
- Working experience with Kotlin (Reactive), Appcelerator Titanium will be an advantage.
- Experience building and maintaining REST APIs with scalable Auth strategies.
- Familiarity working with IDE - Axway Appcelerator Studio, Android Studio.
- Working experience in Node JS is an advantage.
- Experience with version control systems, preferably bitbucket.
- Experience with build and deployments with FlexDeploy, Jenkins
- Proven real-world experience with mobile web development.
- Scope, analyze, design, test, debug and implement complex applications.
- Cutting-edge application prototyping and development.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the implemented software.
- Good communication skills.
- Guides others in resolving complex issues in the specialized area based on existing solutions and procedures
- Serves as an expert within own discipline
- Serves as a resource for best practices/quality on functional teams or projects
- Trains/mentors junior staff
Experience / Education
Typically requires a minimum of 10 years of related experience with a 4-year degree; or 8 years and an advanced degree; or equivalent experience.