Manager – Mid-Market Solutions Engineering
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Remote – US/Canada
Department: Solutions Engineering
What if the solutions you sold changed the way the world communicates?
What if you had the freedom of a startup and the resources of a global enterprise?
You’d break new ground. Raise the bar for performance. And do career-defining work.
That’s exactly the kind of environment we’re building together at RingCentral.
The RingCentral Sales team does more than close deals. We build, grow and nurture relationships—from small businesses to global enterprises. We’ve become the #1 global cloud-based communications provider because we’re not just selling—we’re changing the nature of communications. That’s why RingCentral is the largest and fastest-growing pure-play provider in our space, with a market capitalization of over $18 billion, 30%+ annual growth and a $1 billion annual revenue run-rate!
We’re as proud of our working environment as we are of our market success. You’ll find all the training, opportunity and resources you could ever want here - with all the work/life benefits you expect, and none of the micromanagement. RingCentral regularly brings home Best Place To Work awards from locations all over the world, and outstanding company ratings on Glassdoor and Comparably!
RingCentral surrounds you with world-class technology and talent, in a people-first environment built from the ground up to help you do the best work of your career.
One size definitely does not fit all. That’s why our Solution Engineering team has such a critical role to play. You’ll put your expert knowledge of our platform to work to help new and existing clients create custom solutions that make the most of our technology - and change the way they communicate, collaborate and connect. All in an environment supported by massive resources, unmatched training and a diverse, dynamic culture that’s built for winning, together.
The Mid-Market Solutions Engineering Manager is an exciting role within the customer facing sales team, having primary responsibility leading and building a team of trusted pre-sales engineering resources for all RingCentral products and services. The Solutions Engineering Manager at RingCentral requires excellent communication, organizational and technical skills to focus on growing a team responsible for product demonstrations, discovery sessions, RFI/RFP responses, and other initiatives.
The Mid-Market Solutions Engineering Manager will be the trusted technical advisor and business partner to the Mid-Market Sales leadership team across North America. A major goal of a Solutions Engineering Manager at RingCentral is to enable and encourage constant advancement of the Solutions Engineers skills and knowledge to effectively compete in a global marketplace.
- Attract, recruit, and lead a world-class team focused on delivering a unique, differentiated customer experience across Message, Video, Phone, APIs and Contact Center
- Partner with the team to deliver differentiated solutions to meet or exceed prospect and customer requirements
- Assist in the development of formal sales plans, RFPs, and other proposals for assigned opportunities
- Transfer industry, technical and product knowledge to Solutions Engineers, and in turn to prospects and customers
- Keep up-to-date on relevant competitive solutions, products and services
- Support and participate with the Solutions Engineers in performing advanced technical presentations for customers and prospects
- Develop and maintain expert understanding of all RingCentral applications and products
- Represent RingCentral at industry conferences and sales events
- Actively participate as an SME for RingCentral products and technologies and provide consultative support through leadership of your Solutions Engineers
Qualifications & Skills:
- 7+ years of experience serving in the capacity of a Technical Sales Engineer in a SaaS (Software as a Service) environment, or equivalent, relevant experience
- 3+ years of management experience in similar industries leading geographically diverse teams
- Proven ability to provide technical leadership across multiple organizations at RingCentral
- Ability to teach other members of the team and effectively manage a team of highly skilled Solutions Engineers
- Ability to apply solutions, technology and products to a business opportunity
- Ability to travel regularly throughout assigned region
- Knowledge of and demonstrated operating experience in one or more of the following areas of specialization: Voice, Video, and Mobile Communications
- Knowledge of VoIP and data networking protocols
- Understanding of customer communications requirements for enterprise-class business markets
- Demonstrated ability to understand and communicate complex technical solutions and issues
- Demonstrated ability to implement, drive and track projects
RingCentral is the worldwide leader in cloud-based communications. Our software communications platform delivers phone, group chat, mobile communications, video calls, videoconference, contact center and AI-driven digital engagement. It’s a powerful, global presence that allows businesses to communicate anywhere, anytime with anyone
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that truly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.