Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Manufacturing Engineer – Senior (OE&P)
Join the Operational Engineering & Planning (OE&P) team today! Perform analysis, planning, coordination, control, and improvement of manufacturing and test operations for all phases, systems, programs, and/or products from less complicated, single focus activities to extremely complex and highly diverse activities.
What You’ll Do:
- Expert in modifying product designs assuring manufacturability; reducing product costs, meeting program delivery requirements, and assuring rigorous quality requirements are efficiently met through the application of professionally accepted industrial techniques, practices, and procedures.
- Lead the development, maintenance and enforcement of effective and efficient manufacturing processes, instructions, flows, systems, and facilities that meet program, customer, and government compliance requirements.
- Develop and maintain detailed production plans, manufacturing schedules, and factory forecasts in support of program and enterprise level operations.
- Lead a team of junior Manufacturing Engineers, Manufacturing Planners, Hardware Quality Engineers, Test Engineers, Inspectors, and Technicians in the design for manufacture, procurement, fabrication, assembly, integration and testing of highly technical aerospace products, subsystems and systems.
- Apply extensive technical expertise to advance technologies, scientific principles, theories and concepts.
- Act independently to uncover and resolve issues associated with the development and implementation of operational programs.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA degree or higher in Engineering or a related field is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Proficiency with interpreting highly technical engineering drawings, bills of material, and technical documents including test and integration procedures.
- Demonstrated successful management of manufacturing and test operations meeting cost, schedule, and performance goals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written communication skills, oral presentation skills and an ability to lead group discussions with both internal and external customers.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $115,000 - $145,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.