Manager, Technical Support Engineering at Nylas (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:43 p.m. (MST) on Tuesday, May 31, 2022
Who we are
Our mission at Nylas is to turn communication into inspiration and insight. We empower over 100,000 developers and over 900 companies all over the world to access, parse, and gain insights from communications data to provide better experiences for their customers and users, all while providing top tier security and compliance. To achieve this vision, we’ve raised over $175M from Tiger Global, 8VC, ScaleUp, Spark Capital, Slack, and more.
We have a huge market (every company that builds software) and a massive opportunity (the world runs on communication and data). By continuing to hire exceptional people from all different backgrounds and perspectives, we have the opportunity to make Nylas one of the biggest, most successful and equitable technology companies in the world.
Nylas is an advocate for the well-being of our employees. We trust our employees and give them the autonomy to achieve their goals without focusing on when, where, and how they get there. We are a flexibility first workplace. That means if you have a preference for working fully remote, going into the office every day, or anywhere in between, we support that working style. but if Nylanauts want to work from an office, we have hubs in San Francisco, Denver, New York City, Toronto, and London.
We are also strong supporters of internal and cross-team mobility and growth. We want Nylas to be a place where anyone can be supported to grow, learn, and become the best at what they do. We’ve been named a top Startup for career growth and development by Forbes, Great Places to Work, and Comparably!
From our CTO + Co-Founder, Christine Spang:
“We have a number of folks on the team who started as an individual contributor and became staff level or leaders in their area. I personally love seeing people reach their full potential and become successful at Nylas.”
About the Role
Nylas is looking for an intelligent, ambitious and energetic individual to help grow our support team. In this role, you'll work with startup leaders and top technical talent within our industry to help them build and maintain robust applications using Nylas APIs. You should have strong technical aptitude, experience providing empathetic customer-facing support, and the demonstrated ability to work collaboratively.
In this role, you will triage and resolve issues that impact reliability and speed of our product. You’ll also help recognize and prioritize trends in customer issues and implement team processes to address them.
As you deepen your understanding of our infrastructure, you will develop mastery of Nylas support tools and be able to develop and train our American team. You will be a resource as we grow our support engineering team in Europe, nurturing the support engineers in their career growth, assisting them to onboard, and help them navigate tricky tickets and customer issues.
- Train, onboard, and manage new support engineers
- Track and report on European team performance and work with support leadership to make sure we have adequate coverage and productive team members
- Organize and project manage certain support team initiatives
- You have 5+ years experience in B2B Saas support
- You have 2+ years experience managing support agents
- You are a doer-manager and love to "get your hands dirty"
- You have a demonstrated ability to work autonomously
- You love writing and debugging code to get things done(especially in Python!)
- You've used APIs to build applications and/or query data
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You want to work in a fast-paced environment with lots of autonomy
- You have deep compassion for technical and non-technical users and thrive on making customers feel empowered
- BONUS POINTS if you have experience working with major communications provider APIs(email, phone, text, etc.)
Perks and Benefits:
• Nylas Alumni Fund: after 3 years employment, Nylas will invest $20k into your seed round if you decide to start your own company
• Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO): we take this very seriously as we care about the well-being of our employees
• Healthcare: 90% premium coverage for medical, dental and vision for you and your family
• One Medical onsite and tele-health membership for you and dependents
• Additional: Health and DC FSA, Life insurance, with options for STD, LTD
• Retirement Plan: match up to 3% of annual salary for 401k or RRSP contributions
• Education Stipend: $1k annual education & development benefit
• Perk card: $150 per month towards health, wellness, and other perks via Assembly
• Cell Phone: $50 per month stipend towards cell phone reimbursement
• Fully Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks parental leave (maternity & paternity)
Not sure if this is you?
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If this job sounds great, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! We carefully consider every application and will either move forward with your application, find another team that might be better suited to your skills, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Nylas is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states/provinces. If you are not located in or able to work from a state/province where Nylas is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Nylas is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also EEO is the Law.
Read Full Job Description