Manager, Engineering - TutorMe at GoGuardian (Greater Denver Area, CO or Remote)
At GoGuardian, we're helping build a future where all learners are ready and inspired to solve the world's greatest challenges. Our award-winning system of learning solutions is purpose-built for K-12 and trusted by school leaders to promote effective teaching and equitable engagement while helping empower educators to keep students safe.
What It's Like to Work at GoGuardian
We are a fast-growing learning company that thrives on making bold moves and setting high standards. Working with us means joining a (mostly!) remote team of diverse, passionate, mission-driven employees who are inspired by our vision, dedicated to our customers, and comfortable with rapid change. We balance our rocketship pace with a work culture that offers unbridled support, allyship, and inclusivity...to say nothing of fun! Join our Neurodiversity ERG, attend an online magic show (and bring your kids), head to a DEI Community of Practice session, share a pet photo with other dog lovers, or relax in an online meditation class. Our culture has earned us accolades! We have been named one of Built In's 2022 Best Places to Work™ and are certified as a Great Place to Work®.
We're looking for an Engineering Manager to partner with our TutorMe CTO to create the engineering strategy and grow the engineering team by 4x. In this role, you'll be responsible for understanding technical projects, ensuring high quality of work, and reasonable delivery timelines, motivating a team, providing career growth opportunities, keeping tabs on performance, and understanding non-engineering needs/requirements. You must be able to learn quickly, establish trust with individuals company-wide, communicate well to many audiences and make decisions.
What You'll Do
- Deliver high-quality software solutions on time.
- Make and own critical decisions and be proactive in foreseeing and resolving issues.
- Partner with CTO to create the engineering vision and strategyHire and mentor an expanding team of software engineers.
- Create a high-performance engineering culture focused on accountability and results.
- Serve as the TutorMe technology thought leader within the business to maintain technical standards, security, industry trends, and emerging technologies.
- Clearly define scope, objectives, and approach and develop a clear, detailed plan for executing technical projects.
- Advocate for engineering projects and needs, such as tech debt, in company roadmap planning
- Work closely with our Product leaders to allocate resources to our company priorities and create technical solutions to user problems and needs.
- Use a "Product Management" mindset to engage with internal and external stakeholders to align on engineering vision, strategy, and priorities that deliver measurable results. You should be able to present and drive alignment around the vision and strategy to create a clear long-range roadmap in partnership with the Product Team.
Who You Are
- 8+ years of software engineering experience (as both individual contributor and engineering manager).
- Extensive experience scaling a software engineering team and a product development process.
- Excellent communicator and collaborator; able to work effectively with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Thought leadership in process development, team organization, and quality standards.
- Strategic organization design skills to assess team needs and hire accordingly.
- Experience with web, mobile development, and QA.
- Experience with at least one of the following: Django, React, GolangExperience with AWS / GCP.
- Eager to take initiative in a fast-paced, ever-changing, dynamic environment.
- Fueled by the opportunity to truly impact the education landscape.
- Something else? Tell us! We want to learn more about you...
What We Offer
- Competitive pay, complete health insurance, 401(k) matching, bonuses, and an employee stock option plan.
- Flexible time off, 13 paid holidays, paid parental leave, wellness days, and a paid year-end holiday break.
- A robust catalog of benefits that support your professional growth and personal wellbeing: learning funds, lifestyle funds, online yoga & meditation classes, fertility & adoption reimbursement, giving funds with company match, and more...
- A varied and challenging role in a global and highly innovative high-growth company.
- Supportive, driven colleagues who have your back and share your passion.
Plus the intangible:
Please share this with your friends or co-workers who may be interested in working at GoGuardian! We have multiple openings and are always looking for talented people.
GoGuardian is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. GoGuardian does not discriminate against employees, applicants, interns or volunteers on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, registered domestic partner status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.