Lead Web Developer at ReCharge
ReCharge is looking for a Lead Web Developer to join our Marketing Team as we evolve our brand, and turn our website into a powerful acquisition channel. We need a developer who has led the execution of beautiful and functional web experiences with great design, engaging transitions, seamless interactions and clean code. This role will report to the Creative Director and work closely with the rest of the Creative Team, Marketing Operations, and Digital Acquisition to define and build experiences that communicate and convert. The ideal candidate must be able to build a website from the ground up using advanced programming concepts while adhering to the latest trends in web technologies.What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #day-one, #ownership, #empathy, #humility.
- Write and maintain clean iterative and reusable front-end code as we redesign and scale the site.
- Assist in creating a site roadmap, from big picture strategy to actively triaging and fixing bugs
- Constantly review and evaluate the usability of the site and provide guidance on best practices.
- Provide forward thinking technical insight that minimizes downtime and errors.
- Lead and mentor junior developers
- Participate in design reviews and guide designers to ensure the technical feasibility of their concepts, as well as contribute to creative innovation
- Create mobile first, responsive, scalable, flexible, accessible, and interactive digital experiences
- Typically, 5+ years of relevant development experience, ideally in high-growth environments
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (requirements, design, development, QA, deployment, and maintenance)
- Experience with Wordpress, WPEngine or similar CMS
- Strong examples that demonstrates your skills and experience
- Experience building reusable code, libraries and component-based development
- Understanding of SVG, web components, CSS/SVG animations, etc.
- Strong understanding of SEO optimization
- Working knowledge of collaborative integrative design tools such as Figma a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent related experience
Since 2014, ReCharge has helped over 15,000 merchants launch and scale their subscription business. Be it a curated monthly box, recurring necessities or access to exclusive perks, ReCharge powers billions of dollars in annual processing for nearly 30 million consumers. Our remote-first team of 250+ is building the future of subscription commerce. Come join us on our mission to connect and empower the world through payments.
ReCharge | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
ReCharge Payments is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with our principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. ReCharge Payments prohibits any form of workplace harassment.