Lead Software Engineer (remote) at Kimetrica, LLC
Kimetrica seeks dynamic and committed candidates for the position of Lead Software Engineer
This role is intended to provide leadership and individual contributions as a full stack/generalist software engineer across projects and product initiatives. The ideal candidate will be able to jump in and help design solutions and solve problems in a wide range of technologies used in the humanitarian and development information workflows. Additionally, this role may lead a small but growing generalist software development team to establish new products and capabilities in a larger engineering team.
Proficiency with Django, Docker, and general proficiency with AWS is required. Familiarity with the Luigi framework would be a big plus, as would any experience with KoBo Toolbox, Auth0, and Superset.
- Manage and lead a team of engineers, or provide design guidance across software teams in a senior capacity.
- Oversee and manage team work allocations, ensuring consistent quality.
- Maintain staff and identify new positions required for hiring.
- Develop software features against a backlog of priorities.
- Identify solutions to customer requirements.
- Design scalable solutions for high-integrity data requirements.
- Create prototypical user interfaces and APIs for system interactions.
- Implement and deploy completed solutions and/or open source software
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent work history.
Fluency in the following technologies is required:
- General RDBMS interactions
Experience with the following technologies is highly desired:
Experience with the following technologies are highly beneficial but not required:
- ETL/Data Processing Experience
- Processing pipeline coordination libraries (e.g. Luigi)
SALARY RANGE: $112,000-$125,000
JOB LOCATION: Colorado or Washington, DC preferred. We will consider remote locations. Currently all staff are working from home due to the COVID situation.
We offer the following benefits:
- Competitive salary package
- Health and Life Insurance
- Generous vacation, holidays and sick leave
- 401K with match
Formed by a group of former humanitarian and development workers, Kimetrica is a social enterprise focused on providing policy makers and project managers with the tools and skills they need to do their jobs well. Our work centers on providing knowledge management solutions for governments, bilateral, and multilateral donors, and not-for-profit organizations in the areas of performance management and disaster risk reduction. Kimetrica employs an extensive network of sector specialists with expertise ranging from early warning and contingency planning to social protection and research and data analysis.
Kimetrica is a wholly owned subsidiary of the American Institute for Research (AIR), one of the world’s leading behavioral research organizations. AIR, a not-for-profit founded in 1946, works with government agencies, philanthropies and other organizations to conduct research and evaluation and provide technical assistance in the areas of education, health and workforce development, in the U.S. and abroad.
EEO AND SEA:
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and national origin.
Kimetrica and AIR adhere to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks.