Lead QA Engineer at GoGuardian (Greater Denver Area, CO or Remote)
At GoGuardian, we're helping share the future of digital learning by providing educators, students, and schools with tools to create engaging and equitable learning environments. Together, we build innovative solutions to empower students, deliver insights, and encourage experimentation. With employees around the globe, we're committed to building a culture of inclusivity, curiosity, and courage. GoGuardian's growth is fast and ever-evolving, and our teams are growing along with it - always ready to experiment and learn.
We're here for the cause, but also for the culture. We celebrate our successes and wins together, and make time to appreciate our teammates every day. Take a peek into your future at GoGuardian: our Slack channels include #gardenclub, #boardgametime, #bookrecs, and #petphotos. There's always something fun going on, including concerts, classes, book clubs, and more! From virtual trivia to local meet-ups, Guardians are always finding ways to connect.
As part of the Quality Assurance Engineering Team, you will support a cross-product team in developing and documenting strategies for testing, executing the strategies, and conducting regression tests. You will also help shape best practices across the company, and be an advocate for quality assurance in development.
As a Lead QA Engineer , you will be a part of a team that builds organizational foundations for all GoGuardian products. You will be expected to lead a product team in developing and documenting strategies for testing and executing. You will play an integral role in working with and building our products from the early stages of development and should have great communication skills in order to be able to provide clear and concise feedback to our teams.
What You'll Do
- Develop and execute tests for new and existing features
- Provide feedback and insight from a quality assurance standpoint on new features in development
- Writing Test Strategies and Test Plans
- Work with Product Managers to accurately set and meet feature deadlines
- Assist in identifying, reproducing, and prioritizing issues reported by consumers
- Provide product and team status to QA ManagerAutomate testing of our products and help shape our CI/CD pipelines
- Perform quality assurance duties across multiple teams
Who You Are
- 5-8 years of experience in Quality Assurance and/or related fields and a degree in Computer Science
- 2-3 years of experience using test automation software such as (Cypress, Webdriver.io, or Selenium)
- Must be experienced and comfortable working in the scrum process
- Experience in organizing and leading a QA team
- JIRA experience or similar issue and project tracking software
- TestRail or similar test case management software
- Experience building automated test harnesses and working with Selenium
- Experience using AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud platform and familiarity with databases and competence in SQL
- Experience with API testing (Google API is a plus)
- Experience with Load testing implementation (K6 knowledge is a plus)
What We Offer
- A varied and challenging role in a multinational and highly innovative company
- A robust benefits package including health insurance, 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match, employee stock option plan, paid parental leave, 13 paid company holidays, and much more
- Development and further training opportunities for shaping and realizing your career goals
- Exceptional colleagues with a passion for EdTech
P.S. - Share this with your friends or co-workers who may be interested in working at GoGuardian! We have multiple openings and are always looking for amazing people.
GoGuardian is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. GoGuardian does not discriminate against employees, applicants, interns or volunteers on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, registered domestic partner status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.