Java Developer III at Arrow Electronics, Inc.
Our newest team member will be responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of highly scalable software solutions. The ideal candidate is someone with a strong sense of good design principles, coding practices, and an analytical mind for approaching and solving problems logically and thoroughly. We are looking for someone who is excited about being a member of our team, and contributing to the team's collective growth and success. We want someone who will question and prod to find the best solution to a problem, and carry that solution through to production.
Our team is highly energetic, collaborative, and passionate about our work. We pride ourselves on adherence to Agile programming methodologies, resulting in well-functioning processes that consistently deliver on-time, on-target releases while minimizing unnecessary meetings and busywork. We mix up responsibilities, never allowing our team members to become siloed, and are always exploring the latest technologies. We're looking for a team member who wants to work hard, find innovative solutions, learn more about the leading edge of web technology, and see results in real-world applications.
- Assist with technical design for solutions to business requirements.
- Develop microservice APIs in Java to support client applications.
- Perform complex, intensive business-to-business integration development.
- Troubleshoot and fix defects.
- Perform performance tuning.
- Document designs and implementation.
- Ensure team members follow best practices and meet high quality standards.
- Mentor more junior developers.
- 5+ years of strong hands-on Java / Spring MVC background in a team environment
- Expertise in Docker and micro services
- Experience designing and developing relational database-driven applications
- Solid understanding of object-oriented design and practices
- Experience working on the server side of client/server, web-based applications, preferably using Web Services
- Demonstrated ability to develop scalable solutions from business requirements
- Experience working with Git repositories
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Oracle and MongoDB databases
- Familiarity with Kafka, Docker, and/or Kubernetes
- Experience with the Agile development methodology
- Knowledge of build systems such as Gradle
- Experience with testing frameworks like JUnit and JMeter
- Familiarity with a Mac/Linux development environment
- Experience with writing basic SQL statements
What’s In It For You
At Arrow, we recognize that financial rewards and great benefits are important aspects of an ideal job. That’s why we offer competitive financial compensation, including various compensation plans, and a solid benefits package.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Competitive Paid Time Off / Holidays / Sick time
- Parental Leave (Maternity / Paternity options)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Discounted RTD Passes, with convenient office location off RTD Light Rail
- On-site Café with Catering Option for Busy Lifestyles
- 24/7/365 On-site Gym and Lockers, Free for Use to All Employees!
- Bike Racks
- And more!
Arrow Electronics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled