We are seeking a IT Manager to take a key role in the governance, planning, enhancements, and administration of Techstars information technology systems. This role will with members of our management and technology teams to align IT strategy with business practices. The ideal candidate will identify and solve IT systems, process and data compliance needs -- working closely with peers, internal customers, and management.
This is a full-time role in our Boulder, CO office.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manages and oversees all IT planning, implementation and maintenance processes including network configuration, system applications, training, systems maintenance and recovery, back-up, security, new system implementations, and interfaces
- Sets agenda with outside contractors for the management of for all computers, printers, networks, telecommunication systems, applications and databases across the affiliate, including the physical and logical infrastructure to support application delivery services
- Responsible for ongoing management of information security policies, procedures, and technical systems in order to maintain the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of all organizational healthcare information systems
- Responsible for the creation of standards and processes to ensure compliance with GDPR and other data protection regulations
- Devises and establishes IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set in the organization’s strategic plan
- Coordinates and works collaboratively with IT contractor and internal staff to provide support and meet end-user requirements for internal and external customers
- Responsible for technical architecture, vendor relationships, purchase and acquisition, technical security, technical operations and all activities in support of effective technical operations
- Provide long-term upgrade planning to maintain stability and security for our systems
- Ensure system/project status is current and reflected in associated project management tools
- Provides guidance, coaching and technical leadership to other team members
- Participates in 24x7 on-call rotation with other team members
- Ensure ongoing disaster recovery capabilities
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business or technical discipline
- Expert proficiency administering Linux-based systems
- Experience in administering common enterprise systems, including relational databases, caching systems and NoSQL data stores.
- Experience in the deployment and operation of common system services
- Management of virtualization, cloud and container technology (e.g. AWS, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience in developing governance processes to ensure compliance with GDPR and other data protection regulations
- Expert proficiency in network design and topology, administration and routing
- Experience and knowledge of cloud-based infrastructures – includes system design patterns, operational considerations, and system cost analysis.
- High Degree of ownership in all matters within the IT infrastructure
- Experience in procurement, budgeting, forecasting, and asset management
- Proven skills in leadership development and team building
- Superior technical aptitude and strong analytical skills
- Proven ability to manage complex tasks
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audience
- Experience with Agile Scrum methodologies
Techstars is the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. Techstars founders and their teams connect with other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders, and corporate partners who will help their companies grow. Techstars operates three divisions: Techstars Startup Programs, Techstars Mentorship-Driven Accelerator Programs and Techstars Corporate Innovation Partnerships. Techstars Mentorship-Driven Accelerator Programs help founders do more faster and Techstars Startup Programs inspire, educate and connect entrepreneurs. Techstars Corporate Innovation Partnerships helps brands supercharge growth by accelerating innovation and cultural transformation. Techstars accelerator portfolio includes more than 1,900 companies with a market cap of $22 Billion. www.techstars.com
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, nor any other basis prohibited by law.