Head of Architecture at Alteryx
Alteryx, Inc. is looking for a leader to manage our team of architects. The Head of Architecture role will report to the VP of Engineering and serve as the primary steward and key voice of Alteryx's architecture strategy; translating business goals/objectives into architectures that enable them. You will partner with Product Engineering leadership to ensure the architecture is implemented in its products, services, and platforms, as well as with partners and customers to ensure that the architecture decisions made are relevant and consumable by them. You will lead a high-performing architecture team, serving as a model for the Alteryx core values of Customer First, Integrity, Accountability, Equality, and Empowerment.
- Partner with VP of Engineering in the development of a comprehensive architecture strategy that supports the objectives of the business
- Serve as the primary steward and key voice of the architecture strategy, communicating decisions and tradeoffs to internal and external stakeholders
- Lead the implementation of the architecture strategy, partnering with your architecture team, senior technical leaders, as well as Product Engineering teams to translate architecture into design
- Hire, inspire, and develop the Alteryx architecture team into a best-in-class organization
- Engage in hands on prototyping and proof of concept work related to the architecture, including evaluation of new technologies that might benefit our products
- Lead the development and implementation of the architecture governance model/framework (e.g., architecture review board, reference architecture(s), standards/policies)
- Engage with customers as needed to validate architecture decisions and understand customer-based architecture requirements
- Partner with Support, Sales Engineering, and Customer Success in organizational enablement around our platform and product technologies
- Support M&A activities as needed
- Contribute to a great work environment by providing exemplary leadership (modeling) to your team
- At least ten (10) years of experience in platform architecture (SaaS, PaaS) with at least three (3) years of experience in a similar leadership role in the software industry, preferably analytics
- Demonstrable experience and interest in architecting platform services (PaaS); expert level knowledge of relevant architecture/design principles and patterns (e.g., DOMA)
- Demonstrable experience delivering cloud-native capabilities on AWS or Azure; experience with containers and container management a significant plus
- Proven experience and strong desire to lead, with experience leading teams of 5-10 senior technologists
- Servant leader with communication, leadership, team building, and people management skills that your employees appreciate and competitor's envy
- Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company values and ethics.
- Advanced relationship management and communication skills, including partnering and consulting with executive/C-level roles
- Strong skills in critical thinking, decision making, problem solving, and attention to detail
- Advanced degree in Computer Science a plus
- Experience operating a cloud platform (PaaS or SaaS)
- Experience evaluating acquisitions specifically IP
- Experience with Analytics and Big Data
Alteryx is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role in San Francisco is $187,300 - $330,700. This position is also remote-friendly and, as such, compensation will ultimately be in line with the location in which the position is filled. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
This role is eligible for variable compensation including bonus and stock grants.
Interested? Learn more and apply today at alteryx.com/careers!
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At Alteryx, we support a growth mindset for our associates through all stages of their careers. If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply. As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we're invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.
Benefits & Perks:
Alteryx has amazing benefits for all Associates which can be viewed here.