Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Ciitizen is now Invitae. You can learn more here.
Ciitizen is a health technology platform that enables patients with cancer and rare neurologic disorders to collect, digitize, and share their health information. In the near future, citizens will walk into a clinical facility and, with a simple tap of a mobile device, release their health information to themselves, where Ciitizen normalizes unstructured data from across the healthcare ecosystem into actionable visualizations for patients, their caregivers, and clinicians. We are looking for a Fullstack Software Engineer who will focus on designing and developing tools and capabilities to enable the ML/AI and Clinical teams to architecting ML/AI solutions for productization. The role is based out of the Ciitizen offices in Palo Alto, California but can be 100% remote. This role will directly report to the Director of Engineering.Responsibilities:
- Build solutions using your strong background in distributed systems, and large-scale database systems
- Design and develop APIs and build microservices
- Maintain and enhance web applications and services
- Design, build, and unit test software in a collaborative environment
- Write clear, efficient, scalable, and maintainable code
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Collaborate with product managers and other front-end developers to create user-friendly features and applications
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3-4 years experience building successful products as a full-stack engineer
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with frontend frameworks like Vue.js, AngularJS
- Experience with RDBMS (Postgres, MySQL etc)
- Experience with cloud services such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with containerization and orchestration (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Experience building APIs and microservices
- NoSQL Databases: MongoDB, Hadoop, etc.
- Experience developing microservices
- Experience working with clinical data
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.