At Flatfile, we believe that humans shouldn’t have to struggle to use the data that drives our work forwards. We create beautiful, human-centric experiences to remove the barriers between people and data. We’re automating every repetitive and painstaking process involved in teaching machines what data is and where it should go.
What do a grocery store, early stage e-commerce startup, and Fortune 500 insurance company all have in common? They are all Flatfile customers, for one.
Regardless of segment or geography, accessing usable data quickly is a baseline requirement for operating your business today. Flatfile serves as a crucial bridge between messy, 3rd party data and our customers’ systems. We call this data onboarding, and we view it as both a challenge and an opportunity to serve every company in the world.
Want to join us?
We're not just looking for someone to punch a clock. We crave your diverse perspective and your desire to solve the most unique challenges at the intersection of data and design.About the role:
Flatfile Engineering operates like a high performance sports team. We execute on hard problems as a team while always excelling as individual contributors. We recognize that we can perform at a level of excellence greater than the sum of our parts and draw strength from collaborating with a diverse group of thought leaders across engineering, product and design.
As a member of the engineering team, you will own large components and systems, and captain the coordination and communication of an effort’s implementation across teams. You have a deep well of experience to draw from to solve hard problems, and just as importantly, help others on your team to do the same (and we have lots of hard, fascinating problems to solve).
As Flatfile Engineer you will . . .
- Build new features and make performance improvements. Previous experience scaling a tech stack is a plus
- Make open source contributions. (We love it if you already have been engaged in open source, but if you haven’t before, you likely will here at Flatfile)
- Pair program with team members. We value collaboration and working together as a strong team -- you’ll be pairing multiple times a week
- Work with NestJS (experience in NestJS is a plus, but not required)
RequirementsYou have . . .
- Mastery of one tech stack, awareness of others at a minimum
- Experience with React, Node.js
- Some experience with TypeScript. It’s okay if your current role doesn’t use TypeScript actively
- Experience with Postgres and Mongo. Redis experience is helpful
- Customer focused. You focus on building a quality end user experience, not just completing tasks.
- Collaborative and communicative.
- Skilled at giving and receiving feedback
Our goal is to be the best remote company in the world. We take this very seriously, and aim to treat every employee like a million dollar hire.
- We look for great teammates (not just great individuals). We’re team-focused here: we want to be the type of place where you’re surrounded by the best people in your career, where we all make each other better.
- The best tools to do your work, including a Mac laptop and top of the line hardware.
- Unlimited discretionary vacation, and recommend a minimum of 3 weeks
- Comprehensive healthcare plans (including Vision and Dental), with fully covered options for you and your dependents
- 24/7 access to a Health Advocate
- Free annual membership to One Medical in participating regions
- Short term disability insurance
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- 401k retirement plan, with 100% matching for up to 3% and a 50% match for the next 2%
- Equity options
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Flatfile’s reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado.
- Salary: $120,000 - $150,000 annually
- Equity: this role is eligible to participate in Flatfile's equity plan