Full-Stack Software Engineer – Mid to Senior-Level (Small Company, Big Impact)
We’re looking for mid to senior-level software engineers to join our Boulder-based team. We build meaningful solutions for summer camps that make it easier for camp operators to create great experiences. You’ll leverage your existing skill set while diving into technologies to create scalable applications that impact more than 500,000 kids each summer. We seek out curious, collaborative people who are eager to teach what they already know and who jump at the opportunity to learn new things.
We’re building a new platform with Go microservices and containerization using Docker and Kubernetes. This new engine will work in tandem with our existing back-end (built in .Net, C# and MSSQL) and will interface with the new web and mobile UIs, built in ReactJS and React Native. Our expectation is that, over time, all engineers learn and become comfortable in both the legacy and the new tech stack, so that everyone can contribute to the overall company mission.
We believe work can and should be a positive experience. We aim to make it fulfilling (strong sense of purpose, interesting challenges, opportunities for learning and growth) and fun (team outings, regular barbecues, dogs galore). Our team values brainstorming and solving problems together, rather than individually. Everyone’s voice matters. We communicate openly and welcome healthy and respectful debate. We embrace Agile methodologies, Scrum in particular.
Another thing you should know about working here is that we pair program over 90% of the time. We believe pair programming creates opportunities to cross-train and leads to better designs and higher quality overall.
What You Bring:
We look for candidates who bring experience in some or all of the following areas:
- Creating and maintaining complex, large-scale software products
- Developing web applications using C#/.Net
- Restful API development
- Cross-platform mobile development (using React Native a plus)
- Microservices, especially using Go
- Distributed event-based systems using message brokers / messaging, asynchronous communication
- Containerization and container orchestration using Kubernetes, Docker, and Terraform, especially as it relates to SDLC and CI/CD
- Automated testing, continuous integration and delivery tools
- Supporting and modernizing legacy systems as well as designing and building green field applications and architectures from the ground up
We also look for people who:
- Share our core values: Wonder, Find a Better Way, Own It, Be Admirable, Put Team First, and Give Joy
- Willingly share their expertise and mentor others in best practices
- Really enjoy solving complex problems and maintaining high quality standards
- Like to learn and use the right tool for each job (i.e. you’re not tied to a professional identity as a “[some technology] developer.” You identify as a software engineer or a technologist.
More About Us
Since 2001, CampMinder has been an industry leader in delivering innovative web-based systems to streamline summer camp business operations. The company works with over 850 of the industry’s leading camps, throughout the United States and beyond. Based in Boulder, CO, CampMinder cultivates a purpose-driven, values-led culture. CampMinder was recognized as one of Outside Magazine’s Best Places to Work in America in 2017 and 2018 and was named one of INC. Magazine’s Best Workplaces in 2019.
We offer competitive pay, a 401(k) with a 4% company match, comprehensive health insurance (medical/dental/vision), a monthly wellness stipend, flexible hours, unlimited PTO, paid parental leave, a welcoming and inclusive culture, and the most amazing co-workers you’ll ever have.
You can learn more by visiting www.campminder.com.