Full-stack Developer/Architect at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
Who Are We:
FIS connects consumers to their money through leading-edge payments solutions. We’re the development engine of FIS: the largest, Fortune 500, Fintech company in the world. Our solution is branded by our customers — banks and retailers — so you might not have heard of us. But, if you’ve used a mobile banking app, interacted with an ATM, or used a debit card to complete a financial transaction, you’re most likely using FIS software. Our product is one that touches the average consumer on a regular basis, and makes the financial world go ‘round. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company, ranked 392 on the Fortune 500 list and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index. Named a 2016 “World’s Most Admired Company” by Fortune Magazine.
About the team:
The Enterprise Technology Office Frameworks Team is a highly innovative and creative team focused on accelerating development of high quality applications across FIS. It is responsible for the development of software and guidelines used across the company and is also responsible for the development of mobile and web applications for FIS employees and customers. We place a lot of value on each individual’s ideas and encourages innovative solutions that we share with all development teams. We use our experience in building apps to create reusable tools and components to speed up other team’s backend and frontend development. As a member of the team, you will be working on these guidelines, components and applications and your ideas and solutions will have a big impact on how applications are created at FIS.
The Candidate will work with the application development team through development process and contribute to development effort through architectural designs and coding.
Define and maintain architecture principles and standards for FIS application development based on FIS business requirements.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
• Documents and publishes appropriate architecture principles and standards, position papers, blueprints, best practices, patterns and frameworks.
• Interacts with product managers and/or users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
• Participates in software design meetings and analyzes user needs to determine technical requirements.
• Defines, constructs, supports and provides training.
• Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs and modifies software.
• Write technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements.
• Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications using current programming languages and technologies.
• Defines and maintains a library of functional component models within and across FIS product lines.
• Maintains a catalogue of reusable functional application components consumable across applications and product lines.
• Reviews functional and technical designs to identify areas of risk and/or missing requirements.
• Acts as tie breaker on design decisions.
• Documents and communicates opportunities to leverage inter-project synergies, application and enterprise software or infrastructure asset re-use and opportunities to expose application assets for enterprise consumption.
• Communicates system architecture to technical and business audiences.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
A Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, computer science or other related discipline or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
General Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Experience designing and implementing cloud native applications
• Fluency in modern frontend and backend technologies and software patterns
• Ability to learn new technologies and patterns quickly
• In-depth understanding of design patterns and their application
• In-depth knowledge of agile development life cycles
• Proficiency in solutions design and requirements definition disciplines leveraging model driven design based tools and techniques including conceptual solution component models, business process models, use cases, etc.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
• Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team and time management skills
• Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
• Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
• Positive outlook, strong work ethic and responsive to internal and external customers and contacts
• Willingly and successfully fulfills the role of teacher, mentor and coach
• Requires a fluency in developing and understanding sequence diagrams, class models, etc.
• Requires knowledge of database, security, middleware, network and systems management, and related infrastructure technologies and practices
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.