Do you want to build solutions for the biggest names in the finance industry?
Our public and private sites generate over 2 billion hits per week. If you manage your investments online, you may already be using our solutions.
Do you want to create modern web applications with cutting edge UI/UX designs?
Our team of 40+ designers work closely with our engineering teams to design and build the next generation of online of experiences for finance.
Are you looking for an exciting and engaging place to work? A place where you can continue to grow your skills, in a stable environment where we put our people first?
We’ve been in business for over 25 years, and continue to be the premier provider of digital solutions for the financial industry today.
About Markit Digital
We design, develop, and host data rich, full featured, high traffic web and mobile applications for financial institutions, brokerages, and media clients around the world. We use modern API-driven client-side rendered frameworks and .NET server-side rendered applications to deliver custom user interfaces that complement our clients' existing brand. With access to thousands of in-house data feeds, we utilize highly leveraged service tier applications to create solutions that delight our customers. Working in an agile and highly collaborative environment, our teams join together as one to deliver world class products.
What you'll do:
- Contribute to a cross-functional agile team developing and maintaining web sites for some of the biggest names in the financial industry.
- Develop single page applications in React or Vue, and/or server-side rendered applications in .NET with C#/Razor.
- Produce RESTful API applications in Node.js which adhere to specifications defined in Swagger 2.0/OpenAPI.
- Utilize microservice-style backend applications to retrieve and process complex datasets.
- Create visually stunning client or server-side rendered charts and graphs.
- Use your knowledge of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines to produce applications that make content accessible to all users.
- Mentor and learn from developers of all levels, continually building your own skill sets and capabilities in order to help teams achieve their sprint and project goals
- Partner with our amazing design team to bring our client’s vision to reality
- Tap into your passion for building intuitive, performant, and secure web experiences to create the next generation of industry leading web sites
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of application development experience
- Applicable experience using the following technologies:
- jQuery, Bootstrap, LESS. SASS
- React, Vue, or Angular
- C# or Java
- Writing SQL queries for relational databases like SQL Server or MySQL
- Web Accessibility (WCAG 2.1 AA)
- NPM, Gulp, Webpack
- Centralized version control system like Git or Subversion
- RESTful APIs with Swagger/OpenAPI specifications
- Ability to work independently or in a team-oriented environment
- Experience working in an Agile Development environment
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
The following experience is encouraged:
- Experience with cloud-based technologies such as AWS or Azure
- Experience working with containers
- Experience using tools such as GitHub, Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, Artifactory, Consul, and Docker
- Advanced Knowledge of OOP/OOD, design patterns, and SOLID
- Experience with Continuous Integration and automated testing
- Knowledge of financial domain