Front End Software Engineer at Angi (Greater Denver Area, CO or Remote)
Angi® is transforming the home services industry, creating an environment for homeowners, service professionals and employees to feel right at “home.” For most home maintenance needs, our platform makes it easier than ever to find a qualified service professional for indoor and outdoor jobs, home renovations (or anything in between!). We are on a mission to become the home for everything home by helping small businesses thrive and providing solutions to financing and booking home jobs with just a few clicks.
Over the last 25 years we have opened our doors to a network of over 200K service professionals and helped over 150 million homeowners love where they live. We believe home is the most important place on earth and are embarking on a journey to redefine how people care for their homes. Angi is an amazing place to build your dream career, join us—we cannot wait to welcome you home!
Note that prospective candidates will be under consideration for a role at CraftJack, an affiliate of Angi.
We are looking for a Front End Engineer to join our engineering team at CraftJack to help us build great products. We will look to you as an important member of our small team as we tackle important challenges to keep our technology ahead of the curve. CraftJack’s products reach millions of consumers and professionals in the ever-expanding, increasingly competitive home improvement services industry. We are a fully remote company and if you’re ready to work with a dedicated team focused on cutting edge technological solutions, please join us!.
What is the vision for this role?
We are a small team of experienced Engineers (software, QA, and DevOps) and are looking for someone with expertise in how we can better support our business through software craftsmanship. CraftJack is growing and we want to tackle problems before they happen and invest in our future. A great fit for this role is someone who is ready to take an active part in architecting and building solutions using SOLID principles that can help our team produce software more efficiently and reliably.
What are we looking for?
- 4+ years of software development experience focused on front end application development.
- Familiar with software development methodologies; including Agile and Scrum.
- Have the skill and patience to convert a static design into semantic HTML and CSS that meets responsive and cross-browser requirements.
- Exposure to using source control systems and workflows in a small team environment - preferably with Git and Gitflow.
What is the team like?
- We want to use the best tool for the job… if there is something better then let's try it.
- We are Agile and work in two-week sprints.
- We are disciplined when it comes to testing. We have a large suite of automated tests covering our web, backend, and mobile applications.
- We want to have fun at work. Work hard, play hard.
- We spend time to train new people who join the team and adjust how we work together via retrospectives.
What would be my career trajectory?
As a company we have a very flat hierarchy. Your direct manager will be Ryan Ferretti and his boss is our CEO, Chris Brown. If you care about building experience by releasing great software, accomplishing goals, and learning new things, this is the right place for you. If you care about titles and meetings, this is not the right place for you. Our belief is there will always be “the next job” so push yourself to learn and grow in the time you are here.
What is work like at CraftJack?
CraftJack is an emerging online referral service that is an operating brand of Angi, the leading online marketplace helping homeowners and home service professionals connect.
Think of CraftJack as a startup without all of the risks: no late (or missed) paychecks, no need to find your own expensive health insurance plan, no working for a tiny fraction of your market value. It also means no corporate atmosphere with strict dress code, no watered-down coffee, and no stuffy bureaucracy to drown out your ideas. We value every team member and if we hire you, it’s because we think you can do great things with us.
We aren’t going to sugar-coat everything. We have our challenges like every other business. Where we separate ourselves is having the willingness and motivation to take our challenges head-on before they grow.
Where is the office?
We are a fully remote company but also understand the importance of having a space to collaborate when necessary. We have a space in the Merchandise Mart in downtown Chicago that we will be moving into once the pandemic subsides. We have been fully remote since March 2020, so this role will continue to be remote first. We have a take-as-you-need vacation policy because we know how important it is for everyone to be refreshed when they come to work.
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $90,000 - $105,000 based on experience and interview performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
If you’re excited about joining a collaborative, high-impact team, send us your resume to start the conversation.