Facilities Field Engineer I at Ball Aerospace
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Facilities Field Engineer I
An early career project manager or project engineer that provides an “eyes in the field” perspective on numerous active construction project to ensure the project is being performed in a workman like manner with a focus on safety and efficient project execution. Develop repertoire with Ball Aerospace personnel in various departments to assist with coordination and logistics in areas adjacent to projects.
What You’ll Do:
- Walk multiple job sites daily looking for construction quality and safety anomalies.
- Establish relationships with new and existing contractors to ensure safe and efficient execution of construction projects.
- Maintain one and three-week look ahead schedules for construction projects.
- Update schedule performance metrics on a regular basis.
- Ensure compliance with all Environmental, Health, and Safety regulations.
- Ensure compliance with applicable OSHA regulations.
- Compare and contrast construction drawings, specifications, and RFI’s for in field application.
- Effectively communicate with internal customers regarding project effects at or near their work areas.
- Provide input on lessons learned activities with regards to projects and issues related to projects.
- Create and communicate construction progress reports and progress photos.
- Maintain PMP philosophy related project metrics.
- Perform critical project closeout related activities to ensure seamless project handoff to internal customers.
- Verify that the contractor is adequately preparing for the upcoming tasks and has all necessary materials and equipment to ensure the project stays on schedule.
- Remain in constant communication with the project management team to ensure issues are identified early and addressed prior to causing project delays.
- Work with internal and consulting engineers to understand the intent of drawings and specifications.
- Ensure that all Job Hazard Analysis (JHA’s) and Method of Procedures (MOP’s) are completed for each project and/or operation.
- Assist the engineering team with any discrepancies or updates to the construction specifications.
- Ensure audit compliance throughout the Facilities organization.
- Implement and monitor effectiveness of jobsite corrective measures.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 2 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Mechanical, Electrical, or Civil Engineering preferred.
- Commercial construction management/engineering experience or knowledge.
- 1+ year experience preferred.
- Interest in obtaining PMP licensure.
- Background knowledge of construction techniques, systems, drawings, specifications, materials, and processes a plus
- Critical thinking and ability to identify construction anomalies in the field and work with construction teams to resolve them.
- Ability to understand the bigger project picture but apply it to tactical level of project execution.
- A passion to execute construction projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid computer, CAD, and systems knowledge.
- Knowledge of health, safety and environmental regulations or the ability to learn these regulations as well as OSHA and Stormwater certification.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $78,000 - $97,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.