Angi® is transforming the home services industry, creating an environment for homeowners, service professionals and employees to feel right at “home.” For most home maintenance needs, our platform makes it easier than ever to find a qualified service professional for indoor and outdoor jobs, home renovations (or anything in between!). We are on a mission to become the home for everything home by helping small businesses thrive and providing solutions to financing and booking home jobs with just a few clicks.
Over the last 25 years we have opened our doors to a network of over 200K service professionals and helped over 150 million homeowners love where they live. We believe home is the most important place on earth and are embarking on a journey to redefine how people care for their homes. Angi is an amazing place to build your dream career, join us—we cannot wait to welcome you home!
Angi is looking for an Engineering Manager with leadership, delivery, and design experience to lead one of our software development teams and work together to build something better.
We are looking for an engineering manager who is located in Colombia or Mexico and is bilingual in English and Spanish.
What you’ll do:
- Leading and mentoring an innovative team of software development engineers – growing people as you grow our business and technology
- Helping us establish a diverse and inclusive organization based upon safety and contribution while supporting your peers and the teams they support
- Fostering a positive, supportive, and a lively work environment while providing opportunity for team members to tackle new roles and take on new responsibilities
- Delivering products that help service professionals do the work they love and that help homeowners save time while owning your team’s code and results beyond their deployment
- Owning the ins and outs of a system that is constantly growing and evolving while ensuring the quality of our products and the business continuity of our systems
- Learning about new ways to build amazing software, systems and people by actively participating in a culture of Collaboration, Innovation, Delivery and Caring
- Growing as a leader and a technologist through coaching and feedback from your leaders and peers while helping us reimagine and improve our culture, our practices, and our future
- Partnering with passionate Product, QA and UX counterparts to deliver awesomeness and continuously evaluate the best way to deliver short-term and long-term solutions
Who you are:
The folks in this role are usually successful when they have 7-20 years of experience in:
- Building People and Teams: Servant leadership, empowered teams, collaborative work practices
- Presenting their ideas to internal and external audiences
- Test Driven Development: AAA Unit test, BDD Requirements, System Verification
- Delivering: CI/CD, Multiple Environments, Agile, Lean, or Kanban
- Microservices: Hybrid Monolith, Isolated Services, Disparate Data Sources
- Distributed Systems: Design, Caching, CQRS, Message Driven, large-scale processing
- Cloud-Based Systems: Hybrid On-Prem, Lambdas, Elastic Scaling, Resiliency
- Designing new systems: From scratch, adapting legacy, design thinking
- Design Patterns: Gang of Four, Async, Distributed, Responsive Services
Compensation & Benefits:
- The anticipated salary band for this position is the local equivalent of $100,000 to $130,000 USD. Actual compensation offered may vary based upon factors such as experience, location, and exchange rate.
- This position comes with competitive benefits including health insurance, flexible time off, and more
- This position comes with a competitive performance package
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world