Engineering Manager, Zoom Chat SDK at Zoom Video Communications
In most cases, you will have the opportunity to choose your preferred working location from the following options when you join Zoom: in-person, hybrid or remote. Visit this page for more information about Zoom's Workstyles .
Zoom Video Communications (zoom.us) is the world leader in video conferencing and unified communications. Businesses turn to Zoom for video / web / phone / chat collaboration. Zoom is growing at an explosive pace, it's an awesome place to work, we have fun products, and we're looking for the best people to join us.
Zoom Chat connects your teams and streamlines communications across meetings, phone, rooms, and webinar. We are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead Chat SDK development. The SDK is used by Zoom Chat native clients and a critical component in Zoom Chat. You will have a unique opportunity to not only immerse in a full software development life cycle, but also enjoy delivering happiness to our valued customers.
- Lead engineering team effort to effectively execute product roadmaps and produce quality deliverables
- Collaborate with cross-functional peers (i.e. product, design, marketing, support) and make strategic influence to shape product vision
- Recruit top-notch technical talent and provide mentorship to team members
- Guide architecture design and solve complex technical challenges as a hands-on leader
- Drive release process, evangelize agile best practices and promote innovation
- BS/MS (CS or related major preferred)
- Minimum 5 years in leading software development in C++.
- Minimum 5 years of people management experience in building and leading geographically distributed engineering teams
- Minimum 5 years of large-scale web application development experience.
- Expertise in cloud infrastructure technologies (i.e. Microservices Architecture, RESTful APIs, AWS, NoSQL is a plus
- Experiences in networking protocols such as HTTP, SSL and familiar with PKI infrastructure.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and support a rapidly growing business
- Familiar with Instant Messaging protocols and tools such as XMPP, Microsoft teams, Slack, Webex Teams.
- Demonstrated experience in project management and technical recruiting
- Track record in positively impacting individual team members and supporting their career growth goals
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Zoom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a medical condition, or if you need assistance accessing our website or completing the application process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] .
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram
- View more jobs, sign up for job alerts and join our talent community. Visit the Zoom careers site .