Engineering Manager, Web Team at AMP Robotics
AMP Robotics is a rapidly growing startup on a mission to revolutionize the way we recycle. Positioned at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and recycling, our solution matches deep learning and computer vision with robots that rapidly sort materials inside recycling facilities. We intend to transform the industry and have already deployed robots across the United States to dramatically reduce costs and increase efficiency of recycling operations.
Our dedicated and innovative team is located in Louisville, Colorado , with views of Boulder’s flatirons and the Rocky Mountains inspiring us to work toward our mission every single day. With backing from top tier investors including Sequoia and recognition as a “Rising Star Company of the Year” in the 2020 Global Cleantech 100, we’re gaining momentum and looking for exceptional talent to support our journey. Find out more at www.amprobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is hiring a seasoned Engineering Manager, Web Team who is passionate about environmental and material source sustainability eager to lead our web software team through growth. Our Engineering Manager, Web Team will interact with directors and other team leads on behalf of the web team to determine deliverables and delegate bodies of work for success. With deep understanding of technical execution, they will promote communication throughout their team to share externally as well as be an open ear for organizing feedback into their team’s directives.
As our Engineering Manager for the Web Team, you will work to:
- Capture and organize comprehensive project plans to be shared with directors and other staff members
- Define project scope and objectives involving all relevant stakeholders while ensuring technical feasibility
- Schedule, manage, track progress, and ensure on-time completion of scoped deliverables
- Recognize team strengths and skill sets to effectively delegate tasks
- Identify and provide direction for areas of improvement throughout the team
- Perform risk management throughout project execution
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Develop process roadmaps for communicating needs
- Lead regular stand-ups, team meetings, sprint reviews and retrospectives
- Align the company’s general business targets with the project’s objectives and outcomes
- Assign, prioritize, and supervise project tasks using existing task management platforms
- Be ready to roll up sleeves and contribute to task completion with the team
- Maintain thorough understanding of the involved stack and the state of various code bases
- Identify opportunities to leverage existing infrastructure for high value results
Your background and experience will likely include:
- Excellence in project management and organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Coordinating execution between cross-functional interdisciplinary teams
- Full stack expertise architecting and developing web based applications
- Expertise building, maintaining, and scaling cloud infrastructure
- Distributed systems
- CI / CD automation and test design
- Ability and passion to learn a variety of technologies
- Interest in teaching / developing / mentoring their team to grow together in technical ability
- Exposure to design for application and network security
- Clear passion for technology, builder, maker
- Been part of a startup through growth with lessons learned
- Product development experience
- Experience leveraging operational data internally or customer facing
- Knows how to have fun at work
- Open source contributions to widely adopted projects
- Understands design process and UX principles
We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer competitive base salaries; medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off and sick time; flexible work hours; and the opportunity to quickly accelerate your learning and growth.
AMP Robotics values inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer that encourages individuals of all backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.