Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Engineering Manager I - Exquisite Mechanism Electronics (EME)
The Electrical Solutions business unit is seeking an Engineering Manager to manage a multidisciplinary team to execute a portfolio of Exquisite Mechanism Electronics projects.
In this newly created role, you will drive the team to meet technical, schedule and budget objectives and own the value stream for EME products and technology development. You will report directly to the Electrical Solutions Facility Director of Operations.
What You'll Do:
- Successfully deliver EME products thru responsible management of the end-to-end lifecycle processes including proposals, subsystem design, component design, layout, procurement, manufacturing, test, and delivery support.
- Manage staffing assignments for assigned multidisciplinary team to support multiple concurrent projects.
- Collaborate with functional management on staffing demand for EME projects.
- Balance staffing and prioritization to meet top level business priorities.
- Responsible for forecast of EME work scope.
- Generate proposal inputs including bases of estimates, labor and non-labor costs, schedule and associated risks.
- Establish and communicate: Operational objectives, EME level performance metrics, and long-term facilities and equipment needs.
- Measure and control value stream and processes for EME products and technology development.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field and 10 or more years relevant experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Demonstrated success in leadership, team development, and/or coaching.
- Proven success in meeting cost, schedule and performance objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to apply sound leadership and operational principles in a manufacturing, electronics, and/or an aerospace environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; strong interpersonal skills with a history of successful influencing without direct authority.
- Willingness/ability to obtain and maintain TS/SCI in the future.
- All of the following are highly preferred:
- Bachelor of Science, Masters or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or Industrial Engineering disciplines.
- Work experience with high mix, low volume electronics development and production.
- Experience with electrical hardware quality principles for space and ground applications.
- Experience working in and with controlled classified security environments.
- Current Top-Secret security clearance.
- Engineering, Project, and/or Program Management experience through the full lifecycle of electronics development (proposal through delivery)
- Demonstrated ability to develop multidisciplinary processes.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $132,500 - $183,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.