💻 Engineering Manager - Brands & Members Team at TeamSnap
Sorry, this job was removed at 10:33 a.m. (MST) on Wednesday, February 23, 2022
🌎 About Us
At TeamSnap, we believe when the world connects through sports; the world becomes better. TeamSnap is a sports and communication platform dedicated to taking the work out of play in youth sports. We also believe our jobs should excite us, our teammates should support us and our bosses should inspire us. We empower our people to bring big ideas and tiny egos, landing us on Outside Magazine’s list of “Best Places to Work '' and Built In’s “100 Best Remote-First Places to Work”.
TeamSnap is seeking a people-centric Engineering Manager who will provide compelling people, process, and technology partnership to our Brands and Members teams. Our Brands and Members teams build the core products and experiences used by our 25M users across web, Android, iOS. They build and evolve features, enable brand-supported experiences, and build and operate the backend and data behind all of it. As a leader, you’ll shape our engineering culture in a positive direction with transparency, collaboration, inclusivity, and growth as the core.
What you’ll be doing:
- Engineering leadership of one of the teams (to start with) in our Brands and Members area.
- Day-to-day management and leadership of engineers with varied backgrounds in terms of skills and experience levels, including 1:1 coaching/mentoring, career planning & development, goal setting, and performance management.
- Ensuring projects are managed and done well. This can come via direct project management or facilitating this in the engineering team.
- Collaborating with the Product team to plan future projects, roadmaps, and develop strategies.
- Partnering closely with other engineering leaders and cross-functional stakeholders to build trust and help us improve!
- Shaping our engineering culture in a positive direction with transparency, collaboration, inclusivity, and growth as the core.
- Rallying your team to feel fired up and inspired! You’ll empower the team to succeed with code, tooling, processes, information, and help from others. You’ll also consistently and systemically help teammates do their best work.
What will set you up for success:
- Experience leading and coaching engineering teams through an evolutionary period of rapid growth and change while serving as a role model for an inclusive engineering culture
- Experience working in teams whose customers include other engineers as well as familiarity with our tech stack (Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Datadog, Ruby, Elixir, Typescript, React.js, Kotlin, Swift).
- Experience working across cross-functional teams to foster a culture of priority setting and urgency in alignment with organizational strategy.
- Ideally, you have experience with software focused on B2C (not a hard requirement though)
We’re committed to equitable compensation for all TeamSnappers. The salary for this role starts at a minimum of $155,000 plus bonus and benefits. We adjust compensation based on work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location. Our comp is highly competitive in our space, so please don't hesitate to apply.
TeamSnap is a fully remote company, so you need to be very comfortable working with people who aren’t in the same time zone as you. We are always expanding, but there is a small list of states we do not hire in, including Alabama, Alaska, Delaware, District of Colombia, Hawaii, Iowa, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, and South Dakota and while we love all parts of the world, we can only hire permanent US residents at this time.
🚀 Opportunities to Grow
At TeamSnap, you're not a culture fit, you're a culture add. We work hard to provide a culture of trust, accountability, inclusivity, and boundless opportunities to grow, along with the chance to make a lasting impact and have some fun while doing it.
🎩 Total Rewards
• We're proud to be remote-first. We've been remote since 2009, long before COVID made it cool
• Unlimited PTO and paid parental leave for ALL parents (not just primary or secondary)
• 100% premium coverage of medical/dental/vision for you and your family
• 401K to help you invest for the future
• $1,500 annual learning and development stipend
• Travel to fun locations for all-company meetings and team events
• Generous home office allowance to set you up for success
• TeamSnap Swag to keep you looking sharp
• Monthly stipend for health & wellness and much more! Click here for the deets!
🧡 Inclusion and Diversity
Creativity and innovation can't thrive when we're cookie-cutter images of each other. We’re quickly growing more diverse, but there's always room for improvement. We are committed to inclusion and diversity at TeamSnap and this includes four employee resource groups: Women, People of Color, LGBTQIA+, and the Talent Acquisition Task Force, designed to reduce unconscious biases in our hiring practices. We hold ourselves accountable in building an environment where everyone feels valued. If you need any disability-related adaptation during the recruitment process, just let us know! We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Read Full Job Description