Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
The bioinformatics oncology team’s mission is the development of scalable, high-quality molecular diagnostic assays that leverage genetic information to improve patient outcomes in cancer care. Our team is involved in the entire lifecycle of oncology product development, from proof-of-concept R&D, to scaling and tech transfer, to validation and launch. As a part of our team, you will be a key contributor to products across a broad range of clinical applications, from comprehensive tumor genomic profiling, germline diagnostic testing, and liquid biopsy.
We are looking for an individual to join our group that can provide team leadership, helping articulate and align around a team vision for delivering high quality molecular diagnostic oncology products, and further developing and supporting the growth and development of extraordinary team members.
What you’ll do:
- Mentoring and supporting a team of 5+ bioinformatics and software engineers in technical and professional growth aspects
- Work with program managers, scrum masters, bioinformaticians and clinical stakeholders to define, plan, and execute on oncology development programs
- Facilitate problem-solving and requirements gathering across teams and groups
- Help translate business requirements across the company to best-in-class oncology products
- Being hands-on with our bioinformatics and engineering solutions and driving technical excellence within the team
- Help recruit, hire and build high-performance teams
What you bring:
- Advanced graduate degree in bioinformatics, statistics, computer science or a related discipline, and 4+ years of experience working in a bioinformatics role
- Strong bioinformatics experience analyzing data from a range of genetics technologies (especially Illumina and PacBio sequencing and arrays
- Previous team management experience - you’ve worked on and shipped NGS products and are ready to guide others to do the same
- Identify more as “team captain and coach” rather than “commander in chief”
- Self-motivated individuals who are mission-driven - you’re able to make progress towards team and group goals with minimal guidance
- Hands-on, technical leadership that likes being in and close to the code and not just the design and architecture
- Passion to recruit, hire and build high-performance engineering teams
- Technical experience leading efforts and interfacing with other teams to define, refine, and achieve project objectives
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and data presentation skills
- Experience with Python
- Strongly preferred: Experience in oncology diagnostic assay development
Expected Pay Rate in Colorado from: $145,000
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s geographic location, qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and may fall outside of the range shown.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.