Engineering Manager - Application Security at Datadog
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
- We’re looking for an Engineering Manager for Application Security to build and lead multiple teams in the application security space. The focus of the teams is to build security into the application and the software development lifecycle.
- You will own the teams and solutions that partner with various engineering teams to ensure security concerns are addressed, build the paved roads that establish secure-by-default configurations, and detect and protect critical threats that may impact our products.
- You will establish the proper relationships to understand support models needed by teams as well as establish the proper metrics to show continuous improvements.
- You’ll join at an ideal time to make a big impact, the product is seeing very high growth, with many new features to build as well as a need for scaling up dramatically. You’ll be involved in every step of the process—defining organization, strategy, and executing while hiring world-class security, data analytics, and software engineers.
- Manage and grow 2-3 teams of talented software and security engineers who are responsible for secure design reviews, threat models, security guidance, engineering custom security platforms for customers (ex: Crypto as a service, Key management etc) and protecting the software from supply chain attacks.
- Partner with Datadog’s product management teams by becoming a customer of our security products and champion areas of improvement
- Become a pioneer for application security and live up to Datadog’s love of the open source community
- Engineer solutions to scale application security tooling and initiatives
- Represent Datadog in the DevSecOps, application security community
- Define and drive the strategy to reduce the attack surface of all of Datadog’s client facing software when leveraged by our customers
- Create and evangelise a world-class partnership program with engineering teams to guarantee success of the mission
- Proven experience building cutting-edge software engineering teams
- Proven experience with cryptography, secure design and engineering platforms
- You have designed capabilities that scale to support a large set of teams and built production-ready services
- Focus on building a diverse and inclusive organization
- Motivation and ability to grow talent by providing a proper mentorship and performance management environment while prioritizing empathy
- Understand the value of driving efficiencies through automation, orchestration, and partnerships with external teams
- You have demonstrated experience in talking to customers and designing solutions that meet their needs
- You want to work in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment
- You value correctness and efficiency; you leave no stone unturned when reviewing documentation
- Proven experience leading geographically distributed teams
- Are passionate about building products that engineers love and believe in the true outcome of DevOps that includes security
- You are confident representing your ideas and opinions in a manner that can be challenged and respond to feedback well
Why You Should Apply:
- Generous and competitive global and US benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.