Ibotta is looking for an Engineering Director to join our innovative team and contribute to our mission to Make Every Purchase Rewarding. We're looking for someone to lead building the next generation of promotions and ad products, while driving stability and quality of the technology. At Ibotta, our engineering team is organized cross-functionally by squads that build remarkable products for the company, including the platform powering our apps that is used by millions of consumers. We’re looking for a Director eager to drive a strong engineering vision, lead multiple teams, and scale the organization while fostering a collaborative, inclusive culture.
This position is located in Denver, Colorado or with the option of full-time remote. Candidates must live in the United States.
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency & Advocate for Savers.
- Develop and deploy new strategies for building a highly engaged development organization that delivers predictably and in line with our emerging customer needs.
- Inspire and mobilize individuals and teams to achieve results.
- Ensure timely delivery of engineering solutions to meet business needs while providing a transparent view to progress.
- Communicate technical concepts to business stakeholders as well as communicate business objectives to the technical team.
- Collaborate across functional areas to define and prioritize technical solutions that support business needs, efficiencies, and revenue.
- Partner with Architecture and Product Management to prioritize, scope, and plan business milestones and set goals.
- Foster an organization that understands how to balance technical debt vs. feature delivery.
- Coach and develop engineering managers; address technical, resource, and personnel issues.
- Support technical innovation and lead the creation, continual refinement, and adherence to our development standards to ensure that our technology enables a sustainable competitive advantage.
- Build an organization with appropriately high technical competence that strives for excellence.
- Research new technologies to stay abreast of industry trends and standards.
What we are looking for:
- 4+ years of engineering management experience.
- 15+ years of experience in software engineering industry
- Experience collaborating with diverse stakeholders including customers, senior management, and other business leaders.
- Skilled at agile software development and management.
- Has had exposure to multiple languages and frameworks as either an engineer or manager.
- Experienced with security, cost, performance, scale, and reliability strategies.
- Highly effective performance manager and comfortable managing team members with different skill sets and technical expertise.
- Motivated by a fast-paced and adapting environment while encompassing our core values: Integrity, Boldness, Outhustle, Teamwork, Transparency, and A good idea can come from anywhere.
- Demonstrates effective written and verbal communication.
- Has worked with cloud-based data architectures and platforms (AWS preferred) and experience with DevOps culture.
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $800 million in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity.
- Base compensation range: $170,000-$180,000. Total compensation for this role also includes a variable component in addition to base compensation.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.