Engineering Associate - Systems (Mission Control & Operations Engineering) at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Engineering Associate – Systems (Mission Control & Operations Engineering)
At Ball Aerospace Mission Control and Operations, Mission Systems Engineers work to ensure the technical success of an entire space mission. While our primary goal is the development and deployment of spacecraft ground systems, our integrated approach means that we have positions working directly on satellite design, integration, and test all the way down to the design, test, and installation of the ground systems for the spacecraft.
What You’ll Do:
- Detailed oriented systems engineering to understand the in-depth use of Ball spacecraft and the interdependences between spacecraft subsystems.
- Detailed oriented systems engineering to understand the in-depth use of Ball ground systems and the interdependences between ground subsystems.
- Create and document the commands and telemetry for a spacecraft in a useful and easily understood manner throughout the life of the spacecraft development, integration and test, and mission operations.
- Control and maintain the configuration of Ball Spacecraft via Flight Software Tables throughout the life of the spacecraft development, integration and test, and mission operations.
- Own and implement the command and telemetry system and tools for Spacecraft Integration and Test and Ball Ground Systems.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Good planning, organization, and communication skills.
- Ability to work with large teams of distributed ground system engineers and senior level engineers of multiple disciplines.
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills.
- A willingness and ability to learn many of the technical skills through on-the-job training.
- Ability to remain calm and collected in stressful situations including potentially real-time anomaly resolution.
- Solid troubleshooting skills are required to provide support during various test activities, as well as translate user issues and descriptions into actionable software/training changes.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $69,500 - $86,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.