Engineer Senior, Health and Safety at Ball Aerospace
Ball Corporation supplies innovative, sustainable aluminum packaging solutions for beverage, personal care and household products customers, as well as aerospace and other technologies and services primarily for the U.S. government. Ball Corporation and its subsidiaries employ 17,500 people worldwide and reported 2018 net sales of $11.6 billion. For more information, visit www.ball.com, or connect with us on Facebook or Twitter.
Primary Purpose of the Position
The Health and Safety Sr. Engineer position is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, evaluation, and execution of Health and Safety programs, demonstrating a commitment to employees and stewardship for the community. This position requires close communication with EHS functional experts on the Ball Corporate team and support of Manufacturing Facility EHS teams to ensure successful implementation of policies/procedures and effective health and safety programs.
- Support the organization in the design, management, and implementation of the Environmental Health and Safety Management System programs (ISO 14001/45001) and provide direction to all levels within the organization regarding appropriate Health and Safety practices;
- Lead the development and execution of health and safety policies and procedures according to legal guidelines and advise management of integration into the company culture;
- Act as a catalyst and move EHS program implementation and drive continuous improvement and sustainability practices;
- Project management and execution skills to include supporting business growth through assessing new projects and processes for EHS impact where specific data is unavailable;
- Provide expertise and support to on-board new manufacturing sites, working with engineering, contractors and stakeholders;
- Evaluate practices and procedures to assess risk and adherence to regulations as well as the effectiveness of existing programs;
- Execute strategies to engage plant leadership team and plant work force in maximizing safety performance;
- Provide technical support on matters related to occupational safety & health compliance and loss prevention;
- Recommend solutions and assist in achieving compliance for health and safety concerns, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures as well as follow up in compliance activities to ensure implementation of corrective actions;
- Generate reports on health and safety statistics and KPIs and ensure record keeping and reporting are timely and accurate;
- Conduct audits and inspections, incident investigations, root cause analysis and corrective actions.
Position Requirement & competencies:
- Bachelor degree in safety/industrial hygiene and 5 years minimum experience in related industry or consulting role performing Health & Safety activities;
- Strong knowledge of OSHA regulations: LOTO, machine guarding, risk assessment, accident investigation and safety training methods, etc;
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks. Ability to create/drive change;
- The ideal candidate will be an independent thinker, change agent with customer focus, data/fact driven decision maker with the ability to organize and lead global teams.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) or equivalent certification
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and written skills
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to operate effectively within a matrix and team environment gaining commitment at all organizational levels.
- Work independently and in a global environment taking responsibility for delivery of business expectations.
Compensation & Benefits
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $85,500 - $115,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, as well as internal and external equity.
- Job Grade: 11
- This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- For Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions, Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, click here for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans