Engineer II - Quality Assurance at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Security and Mission Assurance Strategic Support Unit provides discriminating support to the business to ensure success. We focus on threat identification, risk assessment, and mitigation while improving the efficiency of the business through effective governance and analysis of process, data and overall business knowledge.
Engineer II – Quality Assurance
Perform assurance activities for engineering design and developmental tasks, systems analysis and design, and software and/or hardware development, individual component level, sub-system level to system level manufacturing, test and integration, etc. for all phases, systems, programs and or products.
What You'll Do:
- Work as part of a program team during all phases of the lifecycle assessing the planning for and implementation of the process for compliance with good engineering practices.
- Participate in design reviews, testing, configuration control, problem reporting and resolution, and change control.
- Audit, monitor, evaluate, and report on subcontractor activities.
- Interface with design, manufacturing, and test engineering as well as configuration management.
- Work as part of a program team during all phases of the lifecycle assessing the planning for and implementation of the process for compliance with good engineering practices
- Chair the Material Review Board (MRB) for programs with knowledge of dispositions, MRB authority, and compliance with customer flowed requirements; track MRB items
- Reviewing program documentation to ensure requirements compliance, adherence to Ball Aerospace standards, risk mitigation, and completeness
- Ensure the producibility of designs and products.
- Compile and evaluate design and data to determine adequacy and completeness of the product or software and the engineering effectiveness of the results compared to requirements and specifications.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- The candidate must possess good interpersonal skills and be able to work in, and contribute to a diverse and cross functional team environment.
- A demonstrated ability to understand aerospace and defense industry and government specifications and standards and the requirements contained therein that guide the design, build, and test of hardware.
- A demonstrated ability to understand Quality Engineering (QE) principles, tools, methods, and standards.
- Must be willing to take initiative, be able to complete tasks in a timely manner, and have good time management skills.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, and a capacity for attending to details are a must.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Future Clearance Required:
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $92,000 - $114,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Click here to learn more.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.